PS4 Controller with Dragon Age Inquisition on PC via Bluetooth Does not work

by ballen1018

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Controller with Dragon Age Inquisition on PC via Bluetooth Does not work

★★ Newbie

I have a PS4 controller hooked up to my PC via Bluetooth and it works fine with all my games except Dragon Age Inquisition. Is there a way to fix this? 

Message 1 of 8 (21,411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4 Controller with Dragon Age Inquisition on PC via Bluetooth Does not work

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ballen1018.

The best thing to do is take a couple of minutes to try the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Controller-Unrecognized-Game-unable-to-set/m-p/3999...

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (21,379 Views)

All Replies

Re: PS4 Controller with Dragon Age Inquisition on PC via Bluetooth Does not work

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @ballen1018.

The best thing to do is take a couple of minutes to try the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Controller-Unrecognized-Game-unable-to-set/m-p/3999...

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (21,380 Views)

★★★ Novice

Removing all other potentially conflicting devices just to play a game that should have native controller support on PC is not a solution. 

Message 3 of 8 (18,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, and am not sure why every other game can handle something like this. And you guys want people to pay you money to play games you can't even support properly lol

Message 4 of 8 (13,615 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mohawkmoe, EA games on PC don't support controllers such as the PS4 controller. 

You can try adding the game to Stream as a non-Steam game and launch it using Big Picture mode to see if your controller works there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (13,584 Views)

★★ Novice

Translit ru / Некоторые одарённые разработчики, при разработке, врезают поддержку контролера dualshock или xbox (включая иконки) на поздних этапах. Причём какой именно контролер будет в поддержке, это на котором играет разработчик. 
с bluethooth dualshock 3-5 беда ещё больше, так как sony плевали на оптимизацию. и Вибрация, Дисплей и Подстветка работают только в программе DS2Windows. Этот случай так же требует DS2Windows....

////

Some gifted developers, while developing, support the dualshock or xbox controller (including icons) at a later stage. Moreover, what kind of controller will be in support, this is on which the developer is playing.
With bluethooth dualshock 3-5, the trouble is even greater, since sony spat on optimization. and Vibration, Display and Backlight work only in DS2Windows. This case also requires DS2Windows

Message 6 of 8 (10,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using steam big picture doesn't work either,

Message 7 of 8 (4,589 Views)

Community Manager

Going to go ahead and lock this thread.

As the PlayStation controller is not supported then we are not able to assist should you run into issues using it.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (4,537 Views)