[PC]the sims4 cant start

by HymanWongD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC]the sims4 cant start

★★★ Novice

can't start the cilent when i use the steam awake the sims4, 

then i try to use origin, the same problem.

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qtplatform piugin *windows"
in"*
Fevailable platform plugins are. minimal, offscreen,  the applit ation may fix this problern

reinstall origin or sims4 is not working ,even i reinstall my system.

I submitted two bug reports,1201bc94200ccc75,120b75b6100e5f37 but it has been a week and the problem is still not resolved.

Message 1 of 17 (1,665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC]the sims4 cant start

★★★ Novice

Hello, Finally i solve the problem. 

before the problem, i install origin in my drive D, a package named"platforms"not in the origin package but in my D drive, uninstall origin clearly ,delete the package and re-install the origin.

thanks for you help.

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (1,947 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @HymanWongD

When you have a chance can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot when you have the chance? If there's something else running on the PC that may be preventing Origin from launching that may help fix the issue. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Novice

I try it but still not working, and here is my msinfor

Message 3 of 17 (1,532 Views)

Community Manager

@HymanWongD 

Thank you for giving that a try. 

Would you mind running the Windows System File Checker on your PC when you have the chance to see if that helps at all? If there's a missing or corrupted system file in Windows that might help to fix it. 

For more info on how to run it check out the Microsoft Support website. Let me know if you're still getting that same error message afterward. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 17 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The result shows" Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations“.

and this problem is still not resolved after the client update

Message 5 of 17 (1,472 Views)

Community Manager

@HymanWongD 

Thanks for letting me know!

Do you have Origin installed on your Windows boot drive, or is it installed on a different storage drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 17 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

At the beginning I installed origin on the D drive, and it worked normally until the last two updates. I tried many possible solutions.

At first, Origin couldn't start until I installed it on the C drive, but there was still this prompt when the game started.

I reinstalled the windows system, reinstalled visual basic and C++, reinstalled the client and games, but none of them worked.

Message 7 of 17 (1,409 Views)

Community Manager

@HymanWongD 

Got it, thanks.

Are you a part of the Windows Insider program? Do you have a preview build of Windows on your PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 17 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

No,my windows system is windows10 home

Message 9 of 17 (1,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HymanWongD i running windows 10 a brand new laptop and i cant load the sims 4 game
Message 10 of 17 (1,319 Views)