Owned Game Missing from my Origin Library

by DoggyDogg21

Original Post

Owned Game Missing from my Origin Library

★ Novice

Good Day,

I'm confronting with an unusual issue, regarding my Origin Account. I logged in today in order to play Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, and I was suprised to see that it was missing from my game library. 
Thinking that it was only an interface error, i thought i'd launch it from my computer, but again, I was suprised to see that a message appeared that if I want to play this game, I should activate it.

But if I already own it, and had it in my game library, and also played it, why did it was removed?

Please check this error. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (524 Views)

Re: Owned Game Missing from my Origin Library

★ Novice

Good day again,

I've attached a screenshot with the brought product, and also with the message given if I'm trying to redeem the code again. 

Please solve this issue Standard smile.

Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DoggyDogg21,

Have you ever used any different emails in the past? Since this code is showing that it's been claimed but you're not seeing the game in your library, one possibility is that it was just claimed on a different account previously.

If you have any other emails I'd suggest seeing if you can sign into a different account to check. 

If you're still unable to find it, I'd definitely reach out to an Advisor. They should be able to track that down using the product code!

Mako.png
Message 3 of 5 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello Mako,

I'm only having one origin account for games.

Was able to have a chat today with Technical Support, and found out that the retailer from whom I bought the game, removed the game, therefor it dissappeared from my library.

What I don't understand is, why do retailers are allowed to do this kind of thing?

I mean,  I'm buying a game from a website like G2A , the code is valid, basically, once activated, i own the game. That's why digital license keys are unique, don't they? So you activate the game on you personal account so you can own it. Then the retailer, after receiving the money pulls off a stunt and voila. I don't own the game that I paid, anymore. Nor the money back. And he's allowed do this thing. Why? Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DoggyDogg21

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear what happened with that code, but I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out what caused this.

Ultimately if the payment for a code was removed, the code would be deactivated as well, so I would definitely suggest reaching out to the retailer where that was purchased.

Here is a bit more information about some trusted locations to purchase keys from as well, just to help avoid running into issues like this in the future.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Mako.png
Message 5 of 5 (444 Views)