Re: Originthinsetup is stuck at "installing the latest version of Origin&am

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Originthinsetup is stuck at "installing the latest version of Origin"

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to install Origin for over a week now and it just won't work. After solving some issues with .dll files. Then sorting out a the 0xc00007b error, I was met with yet another problem, and that is that the Origin installed is stuck "updating".

It worked fine and I was able to download it with absolutely zero problems on my old laptop, but now it just won't work on my new PC. I've tried downloading it from the Epic games launcher (because I got the free Star Wars Battlefront 2 offer from there), and from the origin website. I've also tried deleting and redownloading the installer, and the Epic Games launcher. I've tried using multiple different installers besides originthinsetup.exe, such as the original originsetup.exe, I also used older versions of the origin installer, as well as lowering the UAC, I don't have Wacom drivers, I even installed them and then deleted them to see if that would do anything. I've run the installer as an administrator, I've rebooted my device multiple times. I've even tried uploading origin from my laptop onto a flash drive and then transferring it onto my computer, but that wasn't compatible with Epic games so I still couldn't install the games I want. I've also tried pretty much everything that has been recommended in many other threads on this topic. Someone please help. I just want to play battlefront.

Message 1 of 7 (2,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Originthinsetup is stuck at "installing the latest version of Origin&qu

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED IT! It took forever and it ended up being a fellow community member that figured it out.

You go to your ProgramData folder, (which is a hidden file) which is located at Local Disk (CStandard smile. You delete the blank file that says "Origin" and replace it with a new FOLDER named "Origin" and then it should work perfectly. It's absolutely ridiculous that the installer doesn't do this, nor does it tell you that is the problem, nor has any EA employee mentioned this as a solution from the forums I've seen. You really don't see any of these problems with Epic or Steam.

Anyway, here's how to show hidden files so you can access ProgramData: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c60....

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,669 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED IT! It took forever and it ended up being a fellow community member that figured it out.

You go to your ProgramData folder, (which is a hidden file) which is located at Local Disk (CStandard smile. You delete the blank file that says "Origin" and replace it with a new FOLDER named "Origin" and then it should work perfectly. It's absolutely ridiculous that the installer doesn't do this, nor does it tell you that is the problem, nor has any EA employee mentioned this as a solution from the forums I've seen. You really don't see any of these problems with Epic or Steam.

Anyway, here's how to show hidden files so you can access ProgramData: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c60....

Message 2 of 7 (2,670 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @UnbrokenCovenant and thanks for sharing the fix that worked for you.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (2,648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

God Bless you and the person who shared the solution.

Message 4 of 7 (2,236 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got your issue sorted @creeperchick.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (2,219 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem, but i could not find that file Frown

Message 6 of 7 (1,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@UnbrokenCovenant I still have this issue and do not see this option to select. I have no ProgramData folder in C: despite trying to repeatedly install and uninstall and haven't been able to game in months Frown
Message 7 of 7 (1,355 Views)