Originthinsetup.exe wont open

by ibeprior

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Originthinsetup.exe wont open

★ Novice

Hello, 

Since I tried to update Apex Legends it kept saying Error Code 11.0 or something around those lines. I then decided to uninstall Origin and Apex Legends. After this I tried to reinstall Origin and the originthinsetup.exe wont open when I double click it. I tried the CCleaner and I tried running it as an administrator and both of those haven't fixed my problem. I'm hoping to find the right answer here or people that have a similar problem to mine. Thanks Standard smile 

Message 1 of 6 (1,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Originthinsetup.exe wont open

Community Manager

Can you try the following @ibeprior:

Right mouse click on the origin shortcut and select open file location

Find origin.exe

Right click on origin.exe, select properties and then open the compatibility tab. 

Check Override the high DPI and then hit system from the drop-down before saving and exiting

Let me know if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,254 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hello! @ibeprior  

Have you tried clearing the old cache folder for Origin? Should still be there after un-installing Origin. 

Let us know how that works out for you! 

/Atic 
Message 2 of 6 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

if this is game that make Error Code 11.0 , then repare it, only EA know what each code means,
and if you have not change security or get update in this sense last time working ( hope it work yesterday, as proof ) and game or origin did not update,and no hardware change

then you are in deep trouble, you can try rep vc++ , i did see a code with vc++ from origin at 11 but , that dont mean its samething. its a best guess
or as EA_artic point out thirdpart issue that interfering with game.

still think error is game itself not Origin client
update has cause a crash with game, that mean somethings has change and you need to reruns its Redistibution files. vc++ and its directX
same thing happends with hardware change ( new graphic card and option point on old values ( and patch issue ) that dont mean i know what error code 11,0 is, just best guess.

ps.

so rerun vc++ to 32 or 64bit and directX ( you might have to reboot, ) ( rerun mean click on the execute its .exe file and because they use silent install , no informations, reboot pc if need or not, hard to tell )

if this is Origin client update, you can try rerun its vc++ , but as EA_artic point out Origin client issue now. or both

Message 3 of 6 (1,322 Views)

★ Novice

This did not fix my problem. I don't know if it is because I can't delete the logs folder but I keep trying to open originthinsetup and it is not opening still. If there is any other solution please reply back. Thanks 

Message 4 of 6 (1,279 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try the following @ibeprior:

Right mouse click on the origin shortcut and select open file location

Find origin.exe

Right click on origin.exe, select properties and then open the compatibility tab. 

Check Override the high DPI and then hit system from the drop-down before saving and exiting

Let me know if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried downloading sims 4 and I had payed for it btw im on a windows pc but then it said I had to download origin so I did it but it kept saying error and wouldn't let me download it please help i paid and I want my sims

Message 6 of 6 (964 Views)