Origins not able to open game properties tab

by OG_LordDJinn

Original Post

Origins not able to open game properties tab

★★★ Novice

i tried 2 different mouse working fine out of Origin but when i use it in Origin the right click doesn't work and the gear icon in the Apex Legends also doesn't respond.

Message 1 of 9 (4,279 Views)

Re: Origins not able to open game properties tab

Community Manager

That's an odd one @OG_LordDJinn and not something which I have seen before.

If you right-click on the desktop does the context menu appear? 

Generally, if you see an issue such as this the first thing to do would be to restart the PC and if the issue remains to check for any updates to the hardware. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for replying @EA_Darko , and I know it's a odd one. I never had this problem until recently I reinstalled Origins and Apex Legends, now I can't click on game properties and I can't seem to fix Apex Legends stuttering and fps drops which is why I want to try to fix it through game properties.

All my mouse buttons work fine outside origin app itself. I can ADS in all the games even Apex Legends and can also right click for the drop down the comes up on the desktop. I tried to reinstall origin after trying the 2nd mouse but it still wouldn't let me open game properties.

Message 3 of 9 (4,257 Views)

Community Manager

Let's try removing all USB devices @OG_LordDJinn and then launch the game again to see if it makes any difference. 

I tested a number of EA game through Origin and I'm not able to recreate the issue you are seeing, as a betting man I'd wager that it's some odd system issue that is causing this. As such let's also disable all overlays and try the mouse in a different port on your system. 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I tried it and still the same problem, I reinstalled origin again on HDD this time but still no change... If that can't be fixed then is there another way to fix FPS drops and stutters in Apex Legends? I have all my settings to low and playing on Full Screen.

Specs :

1050 4GB

i7 7700hq

16GB Ram

Windows 10 (1903) latest September update

Latest Nvidia Drivers

Please and thank you

Message 5 of 9 (4,151 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @OG_LordDJinn let's grab a DxDiag and take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,144 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoHere it is thank you.

Message 7 of 9 (4,125 Views)

★ Novice
@OG_LordDJinn you have to have the game closed before you access game properties and i know this is super late lol
Message 8 of 9 (2,508 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ItsJustCookieeTV I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,481 Views)