Origins and sims 4 will not launch.

by abc495412689

Original Post

Origins and sims 4 will not launch.

★★★ Novice

Sims 4 will not launch and all of origins applications will not launch either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled origins but this did nothing. I get no error message, no mods or other downloads have been installed. Just the sims 4 and origins, and neither will boot.

Message 1 of 25 (992 Views)

Re: Origins and sims 4 will not launch.

★★★ Novice

also, origins from the website will not launch either sims or the origins dashboard to launch the sims or repair it.

Message 2 of 25 (982 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are you on a Mac.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 25 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice

pc, well a Microsoft surface pro 4. The sims ran and origins opened just fine for the first week or so and it just stopped working. It hasn't updated and I've downloaded nothing new.

Message 4 of 25 (944 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@abc495412689
Maybe your security program started blocking it?
Check if you have Origin added to it in the exceptions.
Message 5 of 25 (936 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please uninstall Origin. Then download the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download
After installation login to the account you have The Sims 4 on. Rightclick the game in your game library and select Repair. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 25 (930 Views)

★★★ Novice

assumed that may have been a problem, checked and the windows firewall isn't currently blocking anything :/

Message 7 of 25 (909 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright, did that, already done that a few times and tried again, but no change? I have no processes running in my task manager, nothing loading and cannot load origin to repair the sims. The origin website also does not allow me to repair it

Message 8 of 25 (908 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@abc495412689
Solutions work for some players, but not for everyone. It often depends on successful system updates, software, hardware and background programs. Unfortunately, computers are different from each other.
So I was looking what worked for another players.
For one person it was Windows update.
But if your Windows is up to date I think we need your Computer's xDiag.
To gather a xDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/First

Edit :

I have one more stupid question,

Are you sure you are logging in to the account where you have the game?

Message 9 of 25 (891 Views)

★★★ Novice

hope I've done that right, and yeah i'm fairly certain I haven't altered any log in info, and all my purchases and past interactions are still present, so I hope its the same account.

Message 10 of 25 (877 Views)