Re: Origins Launcher Missing Files

by EA_Darko

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I have attempted installing the vc redist.x64.exe file that was found through the link. It seems to have gone through but upon attempting to install origin again I get the same issue.

Message 11 of 20 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is now working for no apparent reason after leaving it for a few hours. Strange. 

Message 12 of 20 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Grizzills I too am having this problem on a fresh install,tried all the c++ redistribution updates no luck. I am about to copy and past a working origin folder across.. or try a older version of windows 10 to see if problem resolves.
Message 13 of 20 (1,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Grizzills Ok fixed it, i copied the vcredist installers from a working origin folder on my game pc, ran all of them and it fixed my problem. If you cant find a working origin folder, I'd hunt online for the vcredist 2010,2013,2015 in both 64 and 86 versions run all 6 and hopefully this helps you like it did me.
Message 14 of 20 (1,014 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Grizzills in order for it to work you need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 15 of 20 (955 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @M9G_Oohlala.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 16 of 20 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko oml thank you so much, i read so many websites and now finally, i can enjoy my favorite game. thank you so much!
god bless you
Message 17 of 20 (785 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is working for you  @Anveshalondon.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 20 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

listen I've had the same problem a few times and couldn't find anything... But theirs a youtuber named @gametrick that has a video showing set by set how to fix it and trust me IT WORKS!!!! I would highly recommend giving it a shot I never thought Id play again

Message 19 of 20 (652 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as it has been around for a bit.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 20 of 20 (626 Views)