OriginWebHelperService.exe stopped working

by VermilionSphere

Original Post

OriginWebHelperService.exe stopped working

★ Apprentice

OriginWebHelperService.exe stopped working . this has occurred three times on Dec 10 . and three times on Dec 11 . Origin was not open or being used at any of those times . today after the Sims 3 Launcher opened I received the message "The website cannot display the page"            

Message 1 of 13 (3,894 Views)

Re: OriginWebHelperService.exe stopped working

@VermilionSphere  If you have the helper service enabled, it will keep running even after you exit Origin.  (I don't think it will start on its own if Origin is never open, but I haven't tested.)  To disable it, open Origin, hover over your username, and select Application Settings.  Under Application (the first header), scroll down to start-up options and disable the helper service.  You may then need to manually kill the process in the Task Manager or restart your computer to get rid of it though.

For the Sims 3 issue, try clearing Internet Explorer's cache.  Even if you never use it, the game and launcher do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (3,815 Views)

★ Apprentice

this situation only began occurring after the December 2019 update to Origin 

Message 3 of 13 (3,776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same issue for me on both our home computers. Checking reliability history shows this error every time the machines start. Origin still works but no idea of the side effect or what the service does. Only began after the latest client update 

Message 4 of 13 (3,739 Views)

★ Guide

I played TS3 yesterday with no problem. I went to Origin today to open the Launcher and it said it needed to update, went through the motions, asked if I wanted it to change my computer, blah, blah, blah and then it disappeared, and the Origin page has a message that I'm offline and this is a critical update so I can't play until I'm online. Obviously I'm on line! I'm guessing this is an error on their end and not a user thing. I'm going to hang in there and see if tomorrow they've got their act together then. 

Message 5 of 13 (3,734 Views)

★ Apprentice

I installed the Update to Origin today . the problem has not been resolved . OriginWebHelperService.exe still stops working 

Message 6 of 13 (3,583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, same here on both our windows machines. The error still exists after the newest origin update. What on earth is going on over there? They must be getting some tips from the Microsoft and Apple engineers on how not to QA their releases !!!!

Message 7 of 13 (3,566 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing here. Been going on since the update. Does EA monitor this page? I hope they''re working on it.

Message 8 of 13 (3,417 Views)

★ Apprentice

well here it is Monday Dec 23 . still continuing to experience the same Origin Crashing . doing a real number on my PC's performance Frown 

Message 9 of 13 (3,340 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me since December as well, it typical crashes my PC when playing COD MW: I thought it was a heat issue but I kept seeing OriginWebHelperService.exe stopped working right before every crash. I uninstalled the whole launcher for now, Hoping for EA to fix this soon so I can play my games again.

Message 10 of 13 (3,146 Views)