OriginThinSetup shows up as blank screen

by SailingArc1

Original Post

OriginThinSetup shows up as blank screen

★ Novice

Ive been having this problem for a while now. I have no files regarding to origin on my PC. I have ran CC Cleaner, done a clean boot, I've done everything stated on the EA websites. I download and save the file OriginThinSetup and run it as administrator but all that comes up is a white box that says origin on the top. Ive tried literally everything even flushing my DNS. Ive also cleared all cashes and let origin through my firewall and antivirus systems. ive also troubleshooted OriginThinSetup and it did not work. I have tried everything and nothing seems to let me run OriginThinSetup past the blank screen stage

Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: OriginThinSetup shows up as blank screen

Community Manager

When you see this issue @SailingArc1  the best thing to do is go ahead and clear the Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know if it works.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: OriginThinSetup shows up as blank screen

★ Novice

ive done that, there are no origin files on my computer other then OriginThinSetup

Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)