Re: Origin wont open, can't contact EA chat support

by 1KelMayBel1

Original Post

Origin wont open, can't contact EA chat support

★ Novice

Hi, I've had this issue for a few days now and I have wanted a few things changed with my account as well as opening the Sims 4 but everything suggestion that I've seen I have tried hasn't worked. I tried clearing the cache which worked but when I've gone back on it stopped working again, same with me trying to go onto the sims 4 which now I can't download without origin opening.

I've also wanted to change my security question for my account so i can update my email address but I've forgotten it and I can't contact the EA chat support because the option isn't there.

I need some serious help but everywhere i look i can't find it. 

Message 1 of 3 (309 Views)

★ Novice

Now my origin setup wont even open for me to re-install origin, please can someone help me?

Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also cannot update my client. It gets to 100% CPU usage. It happened only today, after it said it needed an update... Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/gmvJxcU
It simply won't install the update. Tried unistalling and reinstalling already.
EDDIT: 3 hours later... I managed to fully delete Origin from my PC, even the registry keys, literally everything. The classic clean boot, plus the safe mode with internet restart. I don't think users should be put through this, as I saw many also having to go through painful experiences just to install the client. Guess I am lucky this time. But it is not the first time. "Cannot connect to EA servers" and so on also haunts players. Well, that's it for now. Wish this comment helps other people.

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)