Re: Origin wont load my game library!!

by zaldrban

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont load my game library!!

★ Novice

First it wasnt updating my Sims 4 so i restarted Origin and now it says it wont load my game library and Ive talked to EA and they said that they are working on this issue but dont know when its going to be fixed!! but I want play sims noooooooow! Can anyone help??!! And yes Ive tried to delete cache

Message 1 of 15 (8,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @willsjane.

If you are on Mac then please be aware that after the recent Mac OS update a change was made the resulted in now stopping Origin from working correctly. We have flagged this issue with the team and they are currently working on a fix. As soon as we have any additional information we will share it with you. Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

If you are on PC then let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (7,960 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @willsjane.

If you are on Mac then please be aware that after the recent Mac OS update a change was made the resulted in now stopping Origin from working correctly. We have flagged this issue with the team and they are currently working on a fix. As soon as we have any additional information we will share it with you. Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

If you are on PC then let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (7,961 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your information! I am using a Mac! So that makes sense! Hopefully they fix it soon because I just miss playing sims!! 

Message 3 of 15 (7,957 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of assistance @willsjane, as soon as we have further info we will post it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (7,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey so I'm on pc and my game library wont load and I don't know what to do. I try and deleting it but that didn't work so I need help please.?

Message 5 of 15 (7,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem here on pc. Game library not loading.

Message 6 of 15 (7,846 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jhoud123 and @Jorrrddann7 can you try clearing the Origin Cache to see if it helps.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 15 (7,823 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have a mac book air and play sims on it and am having the same problem with origin not downloading my game library. And I really want to play with the new update. At first it wasn't updating because my laptop didn't have enough room, so I deleted a bunch and moved stuff. Then when I was downloading it said it had a problem connecting to wifi and try again later. So I did that a bunch but still nothing then. I decided to restart Origin and have the newest version I believe which is the June 3 one and thought that would fix it. But it started popping up saying that my game library wouldn't load. I am happy to know that I am not the only one with this problem. Maybe because the update was so surprisingly massive? Anyway, I'd really like to know if any head way has been made. Because I would really like to get back to playing. Will there be a massive email or notification when this is fixed? 

Message 8 of 15 (7,768 Views)

@zaldrban  If you still run OS X Yosemite, it may help to uninstall Origin and download a legacy version instead.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy

If you have a newer OS, please make sure you don't have any proxies enabled.  Here's how:

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 15 (7,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I am using Windows PC???
Message 10 of 15 (7,480 Views)