Origin wont launch for Mac

by melinamm4

Original Post

Origin wont launch for Mac

★★ Novice

So, I have tried for weeks to play the sims 4 on my MacBook and I am unable to because Origin won't launch. Every time I try to log into my Origin account "Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes." pops up. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Origin multiple times but it doesn't seem to work. It may be because my Mac is updated to macOS Catalina 10.15 but its really sad that I am not be able to play my game.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.02.56 PM.png

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Re: Origin wont launch for Mac

@melinamm4  Origin works fine in Catalina, at least most of the time.  Try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Please also make sure you don't have  any proxies enabled:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

If these steps don't help, please temporarily disconnect any USB devices you have.

This post has a list of other troubleshooting steps for Origin on a Mac:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p...

Finally, if nothing else helps, please create a new admin user account on your Mac and try logging into Origin in that account.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (550 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for trying to help, but I have tried all your suggestions as well as origins and I am still unable to log into my origin account.

Message 3 of 6 (505 Views)

Origin will not open/install after MacOs Update.

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have updated my MacOs to Catalina, and now am unable to log into Origin completely (unless via browser) and cannot open my Sims 4 Game at all.  Is there a workaround?  Or are there plans for Origin to be updated?  I don't want to be unable to access all of my content... so, help!  Thank you in advance!

Message 4 of 6 (469 Views)

@melinamm4

Did you get the same error message when you started up in safe mode?

Have you changed the default settings of the in-built firewall or are you using a 3rd party firewall?

Are you using a VPN?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (475 Views)

@sbuxleslie  I've merged your post with another on the same issue.  Please try the steps outlined in my and Bluebellflora's posts, and let us know whether any of them worked for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (434 Views)