Re: Origin wont launch ANY GAME

by Aussy47

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont launch ANY GAME

★ Novice

im friking tired of this launcher seriously. at first i got the "login is offline" and i couldn't login to my acc so i reinstaled Origin. after that i can't open any game. i'm clicking play it tries to load and nothing... i tried re-instaling run as admin ,delete cache, ccleaner, i don't know anymore. deleting everything is not an option and it shouldn't be.

Message 1 of 16 (1,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @PunchFaceT.

There were some issues for a time over the weekend with Origin but they were quickly fixed, if you are still having issues can you let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (1,477 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @PunchFaceT.

There were some issues for a time over the weekend with Origin but they were quickly fixed, if you are still having issues can you let me know and we will take it from there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having lots of issues with Origin lately, for the past few days, none of the games wouldn't launch, not even the launcher itself was working, I had to access the launcher from google, and when I tried to open a game, it would ask me to open Origin, but whenever I said yes, it wouldn't open, it would just load and stop, it wouldn't work at all. If this issue could be solved then that would be great, because I have had this issue many times in the past, and it would usually fix itself, but this time it isn't. So if I could get some help, that would be great!

-Aussy47

Message 3 of 16 (1,444 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Aussy47.

Can you try the following @Aussy47 :

• Right mouse click on the origin shortcut and select open file location
  • Find origin.exe
  • Right click on origin.exe, select properties and then open the compatibility tab. 
  • Check Override the high DPI and then hit system from the drop-down before saving and exiting

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 16 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I have tried similar solutions that were offered. I can't even get support via chat or phone call for this issue. Posted suggestions have not resolved it. Not happy Frown

Message 5 of 16 (1,397 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I got the game to open, turns out it was running in the background in my task manager. If anyone else has this issue, then try right clicking the windows button in the bottom left of your screen, doing this will open some new options, then click on task manager. My Origin file said it was running in the background, making me unable to open it, so I ended the task, and the issue was solved. Opening the file location would have been much easier, since it took me a little while to find out it was even running in the first place, if this issue ever happens again, then I will be sure to follow the steps that I have been given. Thank you so much Darko! You were a huge help!

-Aussy74

Message 6 of 16 (1,355 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Aussy47.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 16 (1,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when I click play on need for speed payback it will load at the windows home screen then it takes me back to the origin game library and I don't know what to do please help me.

Message 8 of 16 (1,261 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue on my Mac.  Support has been next to non existent, please help

Message 9 of 16 (1,235 Views)

@nvnascar42  Since you're on a Mac, please run the Origin tool for macOS.  It automatically clears Origin's cache and deletes a few other files as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 16 (1,230 Views)