Re: Origin wont install ANYTHING

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont install ANYTHING

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Comment Removed - Admin.] whoever made this Origin launcher, please hear my plea as origin keeps trying to run in the background and unselecting chrome every minute, making sure its really annoying

So! I got Sim4 because its free this week. Tried to install it, says i needed permission. An hour later of troubleshooting and I got it to work! And by work I mean it went straight into the queue and then stayed there. So had to stop it and make another attempt at fixing it by deleteing everything in the cache and turn on safe mode

NOW IT SAYS I NEED PERMISSION AGAIN. My UAC notifs are on annoyingly full blast. I already uninstalled and reinstalled it. 

[Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 1 of 2 (137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Bit of an odd one @Steggydon, would you mind taking a look at this help article and trying the steps listed: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Bit of an odd one @Steggydon, would you mind taking a look at this help article and trying the steps listed: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okat the bottom of the window. 
  5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Installon the game you want). 

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)