Re: Origin wont install (0x000007b)

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin wont install (0x000007b)

★★★ Newbie

I have recently bought Titanfall 2 off of the Origin website. I went to download the origin game launcher and when I attempted to open the installer I am confronted with: The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). I have searched around on the internet and have attempted to fix it via using CClean, manually uninstalling origin and reinstalling the installer. The only thing that seems to work is if I am running on a older version of Origin, where I'll be prompted to be forcefully install an update that wont install correctly. As another note I am running on a windows 10 computer and everything has been updated recently.

Is there any possible fix for this? I would like to enjoy PC origin exclusive games in the future.

Message 1 of 4 (641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @RogueVoid555 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (613 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @RogueVoid555 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've managed to fix it via your means! Thanks a bunch!

Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @RogueVoid555.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (495 Views)