Re: Origin wont download/install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Origin won't download on my pc, says msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found 

Message 11 of 20 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is my first time with Origin. So I wanted to play the Sims 4 but I don't just wanna buy it without knowing exactly what Im paying for. I wanted to just just try it so I pressed the option to test it or what not. When I did that it added its self to "My Games" and when I wanted to launch it it had said that I needed to download Origin. Ive been at it for about 30 minutes now and every time I try to download Origin it keeps saying "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem" and "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". This is really setting me off and I don't exactly know what to do, I really want to start playing but I can't because of this. What should I do?

Message 12 of 20 (982 Views)

@Brobowest and @GeneralWeeb_Nia  Those files are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 20 (969 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict this helped me with my problem, thank you so much
Message 14 of 20 (952 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!
Message 15 of 20 (911 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict How do you download the updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 and x64 versions? Where do i got for that. I downloaded the the link above, but how do I get to those specific versions?
Message 16 of 20 (812 Views)

★ Novice

@JaejaeC7 wrote:
@puzzlezaddictHow do you download the updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 and x64 versions? Where do i got for that. I downloaded the the link above, but how do I get to those specific versions?

How do you download the updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 and x64 versions? Where do i got for that. I downloaded the the link above, but how do I get to those specific versions?

Message 17 of 20 (802 Views)

@JaejaeC7  When you click Download on the page I linked, you should be asked which versions you want.  Select the x86 and x64 versions, and they'll both download.  You can run the installers from your Downloads folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 20 (769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having similar problems and this doesn't work for me. I had it on my computer months ago with no problems, then I had to factory reset my computer for a game which got rid of origin as well. Since then I have been unable to install origin again. At first I could click the button to start the process only to have an error message pop saying it couldn't find the file. Now it wont even do anything when clicking the download button.

Message 19 of 20 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Darko,govorišli Hravatski?

Message 20 of 20 (624 Views)