Re: Been stuck at "Installing the latest version of origin"

by alexchappell27

Original Post

Re: Origin won't update

★★★ Novice

Hello Guys! You have to do this Steps and you'll be able to update origin for sure without any problems!

Press the Windows key.
Write “services” (without the quotation marks)
Click "Services" in the search results.
Look for “Origin Client Service” in the list.
Right click on the “Origin Client Service”

Change Properties> Startup Type to “Disabled”

Service status (below)> Click “Exit”.
Take over! (OK)
Do the same with the “Origin Web Helper Service”.
“Restart” the PC.

Alternatively:
Press the Windows key and "R".
Enter “msconfig” (without the quotation marks) in the new window> press ENTER.
Go to the “Services” tab.
Activate “Hide all Microsoft services”.
Search for “Origin Client Service” in the list> Disable. (Remove the check mark.)
Do the same with the “Origin Web Helper Service”.
Confirm by clicking on “OK”
Carry out the restart.

Then you can update origin without any problems! It works 100%! This is the reason why Origin update does not work! You have to do these steps to make it work!

Message 61 of 67 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the steps you suggested. I even tried both ways. It still won't allow me to update. Also, I was able to disable the first thing you said. I don't show the Web Help option. It that possible to have one and not the other?

Message 62 of 67 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That's weird that you don't have the origin web helper service because this is the service what prevents the updates. 

The Location Origin Web Helper should be here: https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/2h/qdwc99qalbrq.png

Anyway, try this:

1. uninstall origin 

2. Download this File https://origin.en.uptodown.com/windows/download/38084 (This is a older Version from Origin)

3. install it. After the Installation is done update your Origin from this older Version to the newest version.  

4.) If you can Log in into your Origin after the installation. Go to Origin > Application Settings > Scroll down to Start Up Options and look for Origin Helper Service. Turn this off.

Message 63 of 67 (1,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My origin will not update. I’ve downloaded all the things suggested, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it. Whatever I try to do I just cant get it to update so I can play my games. Could u please let

me know if there is anything els I can try as I’m loosing hope

Thankyou x

Message 64 of 67 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AmyAkal I tried to do all @Majo65 did and didn't work. Then I reopened the computer again and opened origin app (I usually open sims with the sims logo on the screen) and this for some way worked. The Origin finally opened properly and updated the sims 4.
Message 65 of 67 (1,666 Views)

Re: Been stuck at "Installing the latest version of origin"

★★ Novice

Most computers. Not all. Utter rubbish

Message 66 of 67 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For those with this issue i think i found a source for this issue on Windows 10.

Seems to be an issue with the Installers from EA.The Executables are digitally signed with a certifitate that origins from Digicert.The "DigiCert Trusted Root G4" was missing in certificate root CA store on my Windows 10 computer. It's needed for Windows to trust the executables from EA.(This happens when New Trusted Certificate Roots are changed replaced every 10-15 years)

So the short version fix:Install "DigiCert Trusted Root G4" certificate into "Trusted Root CA" in Windows 10. Found after some search at
https://aboutssl.org/digicert-trusted-root-authority-certificates/

After importing cert the installer worked perfectly as before. The missleading "internet connection missing message" disappeared and Origin works as a charm.
The digital signature properties of the OriginSetup.exe when RootCA is imported OK. (In norwegian but you get the idea..)

OriginSetupCert.jpg

This was the source of my issue. Might help others...

Message 67 of 67 (1,073 Views)