Re: Origin won't submit report

by RealAdawon

Original Post

Origin won't submit report

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The report has been stuck at "Submitting Diagnostic Files.." for more than 11 hours now.

It is so frustrating because I wrote the longest report I've written in a while and I will have to write it all over again since I can't copy the text while it is "sending" the report.

Also note that the Cancel button is greyed.

Message 1 of 7 (404 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are having issues @RealAdawon.  It could be that something is blocking Origin and as such the best thing to do is ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I will ignore that everything worked fine until a restart and that I tried everything the support members told me to do, until they stopped replying, to fix the problem I am trying to report and it didn't fix it. (basically, ignoring my certainty it's on your end).

My firewall is already turned off and my anti-virus didn't have any conflicts and Origin worked fine with it, but regardless, I just turned off every kind of network protection on my anti virus and it doesn't seem to be fixed. I tried to send another report and the problem is still there.

And Origin still gives me either a blank screen or a "Well, it didn't go well" screen/ stuck on offline mode.

Message 3 of 7 (368 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RealAdawon can you go ahead and ensure that the ports are open. When troubleshooting an issue such as this we need to start by ruling out possible causes. Would it be possible to disable your anti-virus fully also?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How do I even do that? I don't mess with network settings because I don't even know how. Thus, they haven't changed since the thing was working.

I disabled my anti-virus and restarted Origin, it now says Online login is currently unavailable. Though, it logged in and gave me the "Well, it didn't go as planned" screen.

Message 5 of 7 (350 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did a clean install using BCUninstaller and Origin works for now (God knows until when).

Message 6 of 7 (326 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is working now @RealAdawon. If the issue pops up again let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (316 Views)