Re: Origin Installer Issues on Cantalina (MacOS 10.15)

by fancyvickik689

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't open - "Contact developer" (mac!)

★★★ Newbie

I have had a problem with Origin in  A LONG time. 

Since may or so I haven't been able to open Origin(it always said "Sorry something went wrong, try again", however I was able to get the auto update my games and play them by clicking the icon. So I learned to survive without being able to manage my games. 

But in the last month or so I haven't been able to open the game. And without Origin to tell me what is wrong or being able to manually update anything it's hard to know what is wrong. So I uninstalled every thing 

SO now starting on a fresh it won't open Origin again. It says Apple can't approve/recognize the program and it has to be updated by the developer BUT HOW?? 

I've uploaded the message I get every time (sorry it's in danish. But it translate to something along the lines of: "Origin" can't open, because Apple can't examine if the it contains harmful software  (next line) This software need a update. Contact developer for more information" 

But there is no info? There is no help anywhere????? 

TLDR: Can't open origin even after re-installing it. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't open - "Contact developer" (mac!)

@nhungeberg @shebinka and @fancyvickik689  You can bypass Catalina's security settings manually and force it to run the Origin installer anyway.  Try to open the Origin download again, so you get the message again. Then click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Under the General tab, you should see a message about Origin being blocked. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner, enter your computer's password to make changes, and then click to "allow anyway."

@fancyvickik689  The reason you're not seeing the option in System Preferences may be that you haven't tried to open Origin recently enough for it to be listed.  Attempting to open it again should help.  If it doesn't, right-click (or crtl-click) on the OriginThinSetup and select Open, then see if you have the option to bypass the block.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (1,217 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I am having same problem since installing latest update from apple. I cannot find the box people are talking about to uncheck in system preferences. Please help. Thanks

Message 2 of 10 (1,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There was an update for Catalina this week. There is no option in system preferences to "open it anyway". There used to be that option before Catalina. Is there a way to play Sims 4 without origin? I miss my game.

Message 3 of 10 (1,231 Views)

Mac unable to install Origin_Origin software update required

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to play my purchased games, because Origin is unable to be installed on my Mac. It says that Origin needs to update its software.

Message 4 of 10 (1,228 Views)

@nhungeberg @shebinka and @fancyvickik689  You can bypass Catalina's security settings manually and force it to run the Origin installer anyway.  Try to open the Origin download again, so you get the message again. Then click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Under the General tab, you should see a message about Origin being blocked. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner, enter your computer's password to make changes, and then click to "allow anyway."

@fancyvickik689  The reason you're not seeing the option in System Preferences may be that you haven't tried to open Origin recently enough for it to be listed.  Attempting to open it again should help.  If it doesn't, right-click (or crtl-click) on the OriginThinSetup and select Open, then see if you have the option to bypass the block.

Message 5 of 10 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks so much! I would have never figured that out by myself

Message 6 of 10 (1,208 Views)

Origin is not downloading because the app isn't updated

★ Novice

For me to download origin it is saying that I have to contact the creator of the app but then at the same time it is saying that I am unable to contact them. So I have a Mac but I was looking forward to being able to play the sims 4, but I guess not.Devil

Message 7 of 10 (1,197 Views)

@Makai_K7  I've merged your post with another thread on the same issue.  Please see my reply in post #4 for how to bypass the error.

Message 8 of 10 (1,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you thank thank you! This worked.!

Message 9 of 10 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! Worked great. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,150 Views)