Re: Origin won't let me run as administrator on Mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Origin won't let me run as administrator on Mac

★★★ Newbie

I'm in restricted access mode and in order to update my game I have to run it as administrator, yet there is no where that says where to run it at even when I login on an administrator account please help.

Message 1 of 7 (3,231 Views)

@danimwah123  The "Run as administrator" option only shows up in Windows.  You can accomplish something similar by right-clicking on the Origin.app or the icon in your Dock and selecting Open.  Or you can run the Origin reset tool:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

which returns settings to defaults, hopefully including disabling restricted access mode.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (3,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already did all your advising, but it still can not open. Currently, I'm using Mac, and the version is 2022 M2. Moreover, The Origin said, " Origin requires administrator privileges to enable Restricted Access Mode. Please log in to an administrator account on this computer, or run Origin as an administrator." I really don't know what I need to do more. Please help; I have tried so many times ;(

Message 3 of 7 (2,170 Views)

@BABOLONA1997  Why are you trying to use restricted access mode?  It shouldn't be necessary for regular gameplay.

If you're trying to solve a specific issue, please let me know what that is.

Message 4 of 7 (2,160 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im having the exact same issue. I have been trying for days now. I recently bought this MacBook Pro 2017 OS 10.15.7, I am trying to download sims 4 and all of the errors above are showing. I have downloaded origin and sims 4 many times before on different computers (windows and a Mac) but this Mac won't allow it.

Message 5 of 7 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 7 (832 Views)

@lunakerti  If you only bought this computer just now, I'd suggest wiping it and reinstalling whichever version of macOS you want to run.  I say that not because this Origin error is particularly difficult to fix, although occasionally it is, but because it's best practice when buying a used computer.

If you don't want to do that, or have already done so, please do a clean uninstall of Origin, as described here:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Create a new admin account on your Mac, login there, download a fresh copy of the Origin installer, and run it.  Then try to use that account to install Sims 4.  If you get another error, please post a screenshot.

Message 7 of 7 (823 Views)