Re: Origin won’t let me launch sims 4

by lamhi03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won’t let me launch sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the sims 4 as it comes free with the premier membership. But it won’t launch! I can’t press play. Why does this happen? 

I operate on a Mac! 

Message 1 of 7 (5,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Player_5dqv38nr  Origin Access (either Basic or Premier) is only available for Windows.  So while you can download the game on your Mac, you won't be able to play it in macOS.

You can however buy the game outright for $5 U.S. right now, or $7.50 for the Digital Deluxe version.  You might need to have Premier removed from your account before you can play it though: some Mac users find that having Access prevents them from launching Sims 4 no matter what they do.  Others don't have any issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,469 Views)

All Replies

@Player_5dqv38nr  Origin Access (either Basic or Premier) is only available for Windows.  So while you can download the game on your Mac, you won't be able to play it in macOS.

You can however buy the game outright for $5 U.S. right now, or $7.50 for the Digital Deluxe version.  You might need to have Premier removed from your account before you can play it though: some Mac users find that having Access prevents them from launching Sims 4 no matter what they do.  Others don't have any issues.

Message 2 of 7 (5,470 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Got it ! Thanks so much!! 

Been bored out of my mind from this corona lockdown. Cant wait to play 

Message 3 of 7 (5,463 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks but why does it says that support PC and Mac? I'm bored and paid the basic Origin account just to play the Sims 4 

Message 4 of 7 (5,378 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Player_5dqv38nr Same happened to me but I paid for the basic account
Message 5 of 7 (5,375 Views)

@lamhi03  Sims 4 runs in both Windows and macOS.  Origin Access is Windows only.  Here's a more thorough guide:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Origin-Access-is-not-available-for-Mac-How-to-buy-The...

Message 6 of 7 (5,364 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (5,360 Views)