Origin won't launch, help needed

by RFAurora

Original Post

Origin won't launch, help needed

★★★★ Novice

Trying to get into Origin to play some of my games on there and it won't work.  I have searched this topic, and found others with this issue.  I followed the steps in those other posts to clear the app data and both cache folders, and it didn't fix the issue.  Also, I downloaded the latest Origin setup tool, and that won't launch either.  I want to completely uninstall Origin and reinstall it, but at the same time, I don't want to have to reinstall all of my games.  Where does Origin install games to in the default configuration so I can copy the game files elsewhere and move them back when I get Origin reinstalled?

Message 1 of 4 (453 Views)

Re: Origin won't launch, help needed

Community Manager

Hey @RFAurora

When you've got the chance I'd recommend checking out the EA Help article on how to uninstall the Origin client. The section called How to Uninstall Origin the Hard Way has more information on how to remove the client. 

Once you've been able to give that a shot let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (405 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I'll keep it in mind for the future. Thank you! I finally got it to work after using the offline Origin installed to work. I had been trying to use the thin installer, and that was saying I wasn't connected to the internet.
Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

Community Manager

@RFAurora 

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for following up and letting me know. I'm glad to hear you were able to get it up and running. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)