Origin won't install

by Roazac

Original Post

Highlighted

Origin won't install

★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

So, I bought Battlefield V today, hoping I would actually play it today, but for some reason I can't get Origin to install.

Funny enough, I had this on my old computer as well, but that was a long time ago (1-2 years), and since then I've had a massive upgrade to my rig (almost all parts replaced with new and up to date parts, except my GPU).

Now the problem is back from the dead again. I've almost tried everything that's possible on my end, containing:

Re-installing Origin

A full uninstall of Origin (as shown here)

Doing a clean/safe boot

Downloading an old Origin client file and trying to update that one (also didn't work, it said it couldn't update, I found this on an Origin forum thread)

Tried to update my Visual C++ (as shown on here on another Origin forum thread)

Opening the OriginThinSetup.exe as Administator and disabling my antivirus (Windows Security) when running the setup also doesn't do anything

I also checked one last thing that piqued my interest, and that was when running the installer, It clearly stated there where 2 processes running, named OriginThinSetup.exe and OriginThinSetupInternal.exe (here is a print-screen of my task manager)

So as you can see, I tried almost everything, to run one single game. It's pissing me off really since my computer is really up to date, just like my windows installation, which doesn't contain any malware of my knowledge. I will list my specs here below:

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 4.50 GHz (Dynamic clock, so clock is different sometimes, 4.50 GHz being the maximum)

RAM: 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200 MHz (not overclocked)

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (not overclocked)

OS: Windows 10 Pro running on an Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB (more then enough space free)

I hope any of you could have a look at the problem and maybe even help me fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 1 (336 Views)