Re: Origin won't install

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install

★★ Novice

Fresh new PC with updated windows 10 along with c++ redistributable packages, directx, and .net framework. Origin installer won't allow me to go through and produces 0xc000007b error. I tried sfc /scannow and but nothing's wrong. I also tried chkdsk which found some errors but successfully fixed and verified by hard disk sentinel. I also tried making an exception in firewall and didn't work. I've been fixing this for a whole day and nothing seems to fix the problem.

I don't know why. I used Dependency Walker and discovered that originthinsetup.exe wants to use 32-bit dll files instead of 64-bit dll files. But I don't think there isn't a problem with it, unless? See screenshot for highlighted x64

Message 1 of 8 (1,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@jerimiko 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,192 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@jerimiko Anyone?
Message 2 of 8 (1,230 Views)

Community Manager

@jerimiko 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,193 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry U KNOW WHAT, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIX THIS FOR ALMOST 2 DAYS. UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED ALL VISUAL STUDIO FILES AND NOTHING WORKED. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOUR LINKS HELPED ME. It's such a simple error. I think it's a bug. Thank you, Barry. I tried downloading 2015 - 2019 redistributable files from the main website and didn't work, but yours did. Thanks very much EA.
Message 4 of 8 (1,167 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

please help!!

havent  used my origin account since 2019 and now i have logged in online on a new pc,

trying to install and run origin in order to play a game, it wont stop coming up with this.

btw this is on windows 10

Message 5 of 8 (1,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same i really need it to install

Message 6 of 8 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all of these steps and more and nothing gets me beyond that error.  That includes a complete uninstall and reinstall of visual studio packages, registry sweep with CCleaner, Scandisk @ Boot, and a Dxdiag. What in the world is causing this and why can't I be provided with an offline installer?

Message 7 of 8 (899 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @XxLockexX, I'm seeing a lot of errors there, the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system fileshttps://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (818 Views)