Re: Origin won’t install

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Origin won’t install

★ Novice

So after downloading the install file for Origin it won’t work, no windows pop up, nothing. Tech support downloads have done nothing either, anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Message 1 of 8 (418 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @wal0024!

We can help you out by figuring out what's blocking the installation, but we'll need some more info.

• Are you on PC or Mac?
  • What steps have you tried so far?
  • Have you performed a clean boot yet to see if a program in the background (ex: anti-virus) is blocking Origin from executing?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (393 Views)

★ Novice

Hey blueberry,

I’m trying on PC, the techs ran me through the full clean procedures, the cache, registry, temp files, I’ve flushed the DNS, then also run a boot clean through Ccleaner and still nothing. Then disabled all firewalls and viral protection temporarily and nothing even after that.

Im so confused and just want Apex legends 😭😂

Message 3 of 8 (369 Views)

Community Manager

@wal0024 

Would you be able to attach a DxDiag for us so we can see your PC specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (362 Views)

★ Novice

DxDiag attached,

i ran through this process with online before and they found nothing from it, hopefully you find something that resolves it!

Message 5 of 8 (345 Views)

Community Manager

@wal0024 

I see some a Windows update error in your DxDiag, search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. There's also a Razer Synapse error, try uninstalling that software before trying to launch Origin. It's tough for me to believe that could be connected, but there is a current issue with Apex Legends crashing with Razer Synapse software so it would be a good way to test to see if that's connected to installing Origin. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (335 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

uninstalled the Razer Synapse and repudiated my PC, unfortunately still nothing, I’m thinking a visit to my tech for a full diagnostic is on the cards

Message 7 of 8 (300 Views)

Community Manager

@wal0024 

Do you have Origin files located on your D drive? (I'm assuming you're trying to install it on the C drive). A player earlier couldn't launch Origin and eventually found out there were files of Origin located on another drive which likely was causing it.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (273 Views)