Re: Origin won't install

by jackrusselltime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

My initial problem was that my Origin Client/Launcher wouldn't start or open. I would click the icon on my PC's taskbar and it would load for a moment, then just stop loading altogether and nothing would happen. 

So I contacted EA help chat. I was told to uninstall my Origin Client, so that's what I did. The first time, I was able to get through the installer via the OriginThinSetup application, but then I got a pop-up telling me that 'Origin can only install with an internet connection. Please try again when you are connected to the internet'. Which is weird, because I was. I even tried connecting to different wifi, which was my phone's hotspot, to try again, but it didn't work. 

Now I have properly uninstalled Origin and cache files that people on Answer HQ English have told me to delete. I reinstalled a fresh new OriginThinSetup but this time, it wouldn't even open. I tried opening it as administrator, and it didn't work. Then I put it on the exception list for my computer's security system. It didn't really work either. 

The most recent solution I have tried is using Windows 'troubleshoot compatibility' on the app. It has opened some type of window, but nothing is displayed so I suppose I'll just say that it hasn't worked for me either. Please help me, I just want to play The Sims 4. 

P.S. I have left a picture of the empty window, perhaps it will help. 

Message 1 of 5 (415 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is sorted for you @beajanebs. Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (366 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just an update - 

My problem is now seemingly fixed. What worked for me was to use 'troubleshoot compatibility' and open OriginThinSetup through the Windows Vista vers. It installed Origin that way, however I then got error 22:0. So I went to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/How-to-solve-error-22-0/td-p/6172823

Following the instructions there stated by EA_Barry worked and I was finally able to play The Sims 4. 

I hope that knowing this will help someone in future. 

Now I'll head back to The Sims 4, out x

Message 2 of 5 (383 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it is sorted for you @beajanebs. Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (367 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I uninstalled Origin, deleted the registry keys and my cache files, according to the instructions on how to uninstall Origins "the hard way," and now I can't reinstall, because I'm getting the error message that I need to be connected to the internet. I am connected to the internet.

Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

Community Manager

I'd suggest disabling your anti-virus and firewall @jackrusselltime and then try it again.

If it works then you just need to add an exception for Origin to both.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (311 Views)