Re: Origin won't install with a 4:7 error

by Charbonne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install with a 4:7 error

★ Apprentice

I can't seem to install/update Origin at all. I noticed the problem earlier today when I went to buy the new expansion pack for Sims 4, when my computer kept telling me I needed to be an administrator to even get to the files. Then, when I went to do it as an administrator, it couldn't read the files and I had to do a manual uninstall (my uninstall file for Origin disappeared). Now it's not even letting me do anything and keeps giving me a 4:7 error for trying to reinstall Origin. I'm on a x64 Windows 10 system.

Message 1 of 10 (2,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
Okay, fixed the problem. I restarted after uninstalling manually. For some reason, the uninstall file completely poofed for Origin, so dunno what happened there. I had to wait for Windows to update to the most recent, which might also have fixed whatever problem I was having with the administrator issues. So... Yeah, I just figured I'd give an update so that people didn't have to worry about what was going on over here.

Process I used for the manual uninstall:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (2,318 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
Okay, fixed the problem. I restarted after uninstalling manually. For some reason, the uninstall file completely poofed for Origin, so dunno what happened there. I had to wait for Windows to update to the most recent, which might also have fixed whatever problem I was having with the administrator issues. So... Yeah, I just figured I'd give an update so that people didn't have to worry about what was going on over here.

Process I used for the manual uninstall:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/
Message 2 of 10 (2,319 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Charbonne Hi I have the same issue but the only problem is that it's not even installed I have downloaded it and I try to open it and an application error pops up saying The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. I have tried countless things.
I've updated windows.
I've tried to run as administer.
I've downloaded the latest Visual C++ packages
And that's all i can remember I've scoured the internet to find what I need to do to fix this.
I have a 64 bit windows 10 gaming computer i'm about to give up please help me if you can.
Message 3 of 10 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThunderLion2028 Have you tried restarting the computer? I think that ultimately solved my issue when I went to uninstall EA manually, since when I updated, my computer had to do a restart. If that didn’t solve it, then perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can help.

Message 4 of 10 (1,631 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ThunderLion2028 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,568 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thank You so much it worked. I was just about to give up thank you.
Message 6 of 10 (1,535 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ThunderLion2028 Glad that someone was able to help!
Message 7 of 10 (1,518 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @ThunderLion2028.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,477 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko This worked for me also when the installer wouldn't install and I always got the error 4:7. Thanks!
Message 9 of 10 (797 Views)

Community Manager

That's great @Llow_K, enjoy your gaming.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (768 Views)