Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

by TB13345

Original Post

Re: Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here. None of the solutions mentioned here work :/

Connection resets and get the error 20:2 after checkboxes screen. 

I had also problem downloading OriginThinSetup (download kept canceling, managed to get the file after many tries).

Message 21 of 97 (4,944 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having the same issues i have tried all mentioned solutions on this thread, Clean boot, safe mode with networking, ive also tried it on 3 different computers and keep getting the same error on every one of them. I am currently in queue over 30 min for an online rep is ridiculous i literally just signed up for the access. What is wrong with this?

Message 22 of 97 (4,833 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same boat here, done everything suggested. Tried it on two other PC / Laptops and nothing. At least I'm not the only one having this issue it seems.  Also sitting waiting on a support chat :x

Message 23 of 97 (4,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

With this many people having the problem, it is far more likely that it is something on EA's end. I am on a fresh install done today with hardly anything installed and I am having the 20:2 problem while trying to install Origin.

Message 24 of 97 (4,759 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For those that are getting this problem like literally right now, I did too about 2 hours ago.

After doing everything I found on all of these threads, I tried someone's suggestion to reinstall from a previous setup file that was still under my downloads from when I originally downloaded in 2014. It didn't work, but it did give me a link to download the new updated setup file and I thought wth I'll give a 10th+ try. What was different this time is it downloaded OriginSetup.exe instead of OriginThinSetup.exe and it finally freaking worked after 2 hours of trying to update, uninstall and then reinstall Origin. Now the problem is that I didn't think to write down the link, so I don't have that for you guys and I'm afraid to uninstall and try all over again and have it not work this time. So, for those of you that don't have a previous copy of the setup file to use like I did, I'm sorry, maybe you can try finding the OriginSetup.exe file (not OriginThinSetup.exe) online.

I hope it works for everyone else that does happen to have an older version of the setup file.

BTW, the older version I used happened to be one that used install wizard, and I think that has something to do with it.

Message 25 of 97 (4,697 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For the older version try this link guys:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Message 26 of 97 (4,638 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, just had this issue and did everything they said from a safe mode to a disabling fire wall and all other solution there was. I tried installing the origin in Beta mode and it actually worked so try this.

Let me know if it worked for you too!!

Message 27 of 97 (4,634 Views)

★★★ Novice

it MUST be EA's fault I mean, the last complaints were from like 1 year ago and now we are getting all these in the last hours, I'll wait for tomorrow to play this dead space I bought, my first origin game

Message 28 of 97 (4,629 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@GravieDay 

Yes, this is what I used! I hope it works for others!

Message 29 of 97 (4,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Only thing that worked, so it must be the lattest installer's problem

Message 30 of 97 (4,590 Views)