Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

by TB13345

Original Post

Re: Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

★★★ Newbie
@romangoddess86 did it work?
Message 91 of 97 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey does it have to install in disk C? is it possible to change it to d/e?

Message 92 of 97 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As of today 5/20/2021 i am having the same problem. ive read through the thread and the problem still persists. been having the problem for about 7 hours and have tried every solution in this thread and two other threads linked here. id like my $5 back if this cant be fixed. Ive logged nearly 600 hours on TS4 with mods and the problem seems to have arisen shortly after the latest update to the origin client was released. Im currently trying to install origin for the 5th f'ing time and its getting really irritating.

Message 93 of 97 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@GravieDayI have been trying everything in every single chat, forum, reddit, and youtube video. My problems first began with 2 separate .dll errors, a runtime140 and a mcvc -something 140.dll error. Then, when I tried installing straight from origin as the "updated" version, that didn't work either. I dont know if it was one single thing I did or a combination, but one of the final times I tried installing it using one of these "old" links in the chat, it worked. It still gave me error messages upon completion, but origin is now installed.

Unrelated, but I noticed my audio wasn't working on this pc while waiting for the installer to download, so I fixed that and that was one of the last things I did before it finally installed onto my computer.

idk, just sharing my experience. Also think I tried the system thing where you pull up the control center as well and reboot. Also ran as an admin.

I've been at this for 10 hours, but alas! you'll get there, don't give up.

SIMS i hope you're worth it. I haven't played since 2016.

Message 94 of 97 (778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same error. Mine got solved after running "Origin Setup" as administrator.

Message 95 of 97 (696 Views)

★★★ Novice

thanks work for me 

Message 96 of 97 (645 Views)

★★★ Novice

For anyone who experiencing same issue this is my fix. Create a new account in your PC (with administrator rights). - I created it with using cmd. Log in into that account and download and install origin anywhere you want. (Installation should work now). Than just log in back into your main account and run origin. 

Origin should be back and working as usual Standard smile

Message 97 of 97 (565 Views)