Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

by TB13345

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

★★★★ Novice

I recently uninstalled origin as it was messing with my games, however, today I tried reinstalling it and everytime I try to install it I get a screen saying

"Whoops - the installer encountered an error. Please quit and restart the installation. You'll be up and running in no time. Help can be found here: https://download.dm.origin/live/OriginSetup.exe Error codes 20:2"

This message shows everytime on the install screen, have tried about 5 times reinstalling now. Help link is broken aswell. Any help?

Message 1 of 79 (69,446 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all,

For Error 20:2 please make sure you have sufficient disk space on C: to install Origin.

In the meantime, if you are encountering this issue you should be able to resolve it by reinstalling Origin via:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Thank you, 

--Tom

View in thread

Message 69 of 79 (32,161 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @TB13345

The easy way,go in Safe Mode with Networking and install Origin https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download

Restart your machine .

NOTE if you encounter a problem to open Origin, I think  you need to perform a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

But I strongly believe that you need to run  SFC /SCANNOW because in the near future you will have problems again.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 79 (69,318 Views)

Community Manager

@TB13345

It appears that your system is unable to complete the download. This can be caused by one of the following:

• Disable your anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall software or be sure to provide Origin access
  • Used a wired internet connection (if possible directly from PC to modem)
  • Try running your system in a clean boot
  • Always run Origin as administrator

Can you let me know if that helps?

--Tom

Message 3 of 79 (69,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for helping, origin downloaded fine on safe mode

admin edit:

Several other solutions have been called out in this thread - I would advise to read through the entire thread.

Message 4 of 79 (91,714 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @TB13345

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 79 (69,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am having the same problem i have been trying for 4 days to download i have went into safe mode disabled everything and it still doesnt work 

Message 6 of 79 (60,631 Views)

Community Manager

@dehaan007

Can you confirm you ran the installer as an Administrator (right click, run as Admin.), particularly if you are on Windows 10. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 7 of 79 (60,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have ran as admin and in a clean boot several times a day.

Message 8 of 79 (60,598 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi @dehaan007

I ran into this problem on my own machine today.

I uninstalled Origin and attempted to install it fresh but kept encountering the error.

I noticed that my machine was low on drive space, so I uninstalled some unnecessary programs and restarted the machine.

After that, the Origin install worked fine for me and I was able to log into Origin.

(I sent my info over to Origin team.)

Maybe clearing some file space and reinstalling Origin might resolve it for you as well?

Tagging @EA_Barry also for visibility.

Message 9 of 79 (60,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also tried that today and now its just sitting there its been "downloading" for 5 hours 

Message 10 of 79 (60,534 Views)