Re: Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install (error code 20:2)

★ Apprentice

I recently uninstalled origin as it was messing with my games, however, today I tried reinstalling it and everytime I try to install it I get a screen saying

"Whoops - the installer encountered an error. Please quit and restart the installation. You'll be up and running in no time. Help can be found here: https://download.dm.origin/live/OriginSetup.exe Error codes 20:2"

This message shows everytime on the install screen, have tried about 5 times reinstalling now. Help link is broken aswell. Any help?

Message 1 of 97 (108,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

For Error 20:2 please make sure you have sufficient disk space on C: to install Origin.

In the meantime, if you are encountering this issue you should be able to resolve it by reinstalling Origin via:

https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Thank you, 

View in thread

Message 69 of 97 (74,436 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @TB13345

The easy way,go in Safe Mode with Networking and install Origin https://www.origin.com/en-ie/download

Restart your machine .

NOTE if you encounter a problem to open Origin, I think  you need to perform a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

But I strongly believe that you need to run  SFC /SCANNOW because in the near future you will have problems again.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 97 (107,943 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TB13345

It appears that your system is unable to complete the download. This can be caused by one of the following:

• Disable your anti-virus, anti-malware or firewall software or be sure to provide Origin access
  • Used a wired internet connection (if possible directly from PC to modem)
  • Try running your system in a clean boot
  • Always run Origin as administrator

Can you let me know if that helps?

Message 3 of 97 (107,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks for helping, origin downloaded fine on safe mode

admin edit:

Several other solutions have been called out in this thread - I would advise to read through the entire thread.

Message 4 of 97 (130,338 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @TB13345

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 97 (107,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am having the same problem i have been trying for 4 days to download i have went into safe mode disabled everything and it still doesnt work 

Message 6 of 97 (99,252 Views)

Community Manager

@dehaan007

Can you confirm you ran the installer as an Administrator (right click, run as Admin.), particularly if you are on Windows 10. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 7 of 97 (99,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have ran as admin and in a clean boot several times a day.

Message 8 of 97 (99,216 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi @dehaan007

I ran into this problem on my own machine today.

I uninstalled Origin and attempted to install it fresh but kept encountering the error.

I noticed that my machine was low on drive space, so I uninstalled some unnecessary programs and restarted the machine.

After that, the Origin install worked fine for me and I was able to log into Origin.

(I sent my info over to Origin team.)

Maybe clearing some file space and reinstalling Origin might resolve it for you as well?

Tagging @EA_Barry also for visibility.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 97 (99,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also tried that today and now its just sitting there its been "downloading" for 5 hours 

Message 10 of 97 (99,152 Views)