Origin won't download

by evelet123

Original Post

Re: Origin won't download

★★★ Newbie

Just tried the last option and still the same issue: 2 popups saying that VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll were not found. EA HELP has not been helpful. I cannot get in contact with them to fix this issue. All computer shops are closed today due to Good Friday public holiday where I am. I need help ASAP

Message 31 of 44 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@evelet123 Me too
Message 32 of 44 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Raspberry89 same need help
Message 33 of 44 (1,390 Views)

★ Novice

well I just built a new pc and attempted to install origin , and running into the same problem you all running into , best I can tell the download file is corruptand old files like the legacy one work , but then they need a update with current version , which just puts you back where you started , so the only solution is for EA to wake up their software engineers and update their program to run correctly , I just paid for a month of premiere and cant even use it.

Message 34 of 44 (1,352 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the same problem. Please help. I spent hours trying to download origin and doing everything that was told step by step. It's really tiring after awhile. I had one popup every time saying that MSVCP140.dll were not found. I have tried downloading it over 20 times, that's no exaggeration. please help me out. I just got a game and I can't play it now. 

Message 35 of 44 (1,329 Views)

@CarissaLynne  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 36 of 44 (1,319 Views)

★ Novice

I can't find the Microsoft Visual C++2015 Redistributable app anywhere. Thanks for trying to help though. Standard smile 

Message 37 of 44 (1,313 Views)

@CarissaLynne  If it's not installed, that's fine, just install new copies from Microsoft.  The point of looking for existing copies is to delete them and get new ones.  If you don't have them, there's nothing to delete.

Message 38 of 44 (1,292 Views)

★ Novice

I don't get it. I installed the new copies and restarted my computer but the same message came up again. Is there another way I could try?

Message 39 of 44 (1,270 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CarissaLynne  Did you restart your computer before trying to install Origin?

If that's not the issue, uninstall the 2015 VC++ runtimes you've installed, and use these guides to clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling it "the hard way" to manually remove any Origin-related files.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer, reinstall the x64 and x86 runtimes, and then try to install Origin again.

If that doesn't help, uninstall the 2015 runtimes, and try the newest ones instead—they're a more updated version of the 2015 runtimes.  Origin updated recently, and when it did, it modified my 2017 runtimes, but I don't remember if I already had the 2017 versions installed from another game or if Origin made that change.  You can just install the newest redistributables, but again, make sure to install both the x64 and x86 versions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Message 40 of 44 (1,264 Views)