Original Post

Re: Origin won't download

★★★ Newbie

Thank you this helped solve my problem  Standard smile 

Message 11 of 20 (791 Views)

Community Manager

@IAmSatansChild Hi,

We are glad to hear that you were able to resolve this following the advice in this thread. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 20 (789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

u stupid originthing wont download

Message 13 of 20 (766 Views)

Community Manager

@babybrizzybri Hi,

You will first want to download and install the Origin Client: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, start the Origin Client with administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

You can then log in with your account.

Let us know if you run into any issues on the way with as much detail as possible. This way we can see how to best assist you.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 14 of 20 (753 Views)

★★★ Novice

Copy and paste what to note pad? I  don't understand.Confused

Message 15 of 20 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so what if you get 2 no errors then what do you do?

Message 16 of 20 (697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it works on win 10 too thx!!

Message 17 of 20 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have  a hp laptop i was updating my computer and my Origin would not open, so i had decided to uninstall the application and then reinstall it. and now it will not open the "Originthinsetup.exe"  bar. 

Is this problem my computer or the application??

thanks.

Message 18 of 20 (627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, mine won't download and I have a Dell Laptop. Does this work for dell's as well? Also, where do I find the administrator command prompt?

Message 19 of 20 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had downloaded Origin previously, then deleted it and it would not re-install. It took me forever to try to find an answer for myself  (I am not that great with computers)...then I happened to start thinking about the uninstall...and realized that I still had Origin under my program files. So, when you uninstall it...make sure that you have deleted everything having to do with the original installation. When I finally got rid of the old stuff...my newly installed Origin was finally able to work. This drove me insane, with amount of time that it took to figure it out. I sure hope that this helps someone. :-)

Message 20 of 20 (395 Views)