Re: Origin won't download

by Bumtooth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't download

★★★ Newbie
So I had a great game on sims 3 and then for some reason it shut down. But me and my friends share the cd and she has it so I can't open it back up for ages as she is on holiday and forgot to give it back. But I have the code so I tried to download origin so I could play it through origin. I downloaded it and then it said it has to update so it updated after it had installed. But then it came up with a message saying "my update couldn't be completed, please download and install the the latest version of origin" and gave me a link. So I tried that and the same thing happened. Anyone help??
Message 1 of 44 (141,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@evelet123  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 44 (148,381 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@evelet123  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 44 (148,382 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

* origin is  useless man...Been tryuing to install Origin for days now and every time i download the OriginThinsetup exe its just bring up a blanc screen and does nothing And thats even running it in admin.....I had origin and lots of games installed and for some * up reason STARWARS BATTLEFRONT stopped working...I tried evereything to get it to work and nothing..So my last option was to uninstall origin and reinstall it In hope that starwars would work again..But i cant even Get on origin now...I tried every thing below and nothing works...I have spent Over £100 on origin And Feel Ripped of by the poor quality of service thats is giving.!!!  Never had a problem with anything app on my pc exept origin

Message 3 of 44 (140,375 Views)

Community Manager

@Bumtooth

Can you please let us know if uninstalling and reinstalling using the specific details at the following link allows you to make progress on this, thanks.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/My-origin-only-shows-up-blank-for-a-couple-seconds-then-just/m-p/576...

barry.png
Message 4 of 44 (140,376 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Look Barry I am very very sorry for the harsh comment..I do apoligise..That day i sent the message,i had a night in with Biys and we were realyy wanting to play battlefront and it just did not * work and tried everything BUUUUT turned out in the end that y antivirus was disabled and was conflicting with the orignthinsetupexe.SOOOO uninstalled the antivirus reinstlled then orign managed to download again and now works fine...Real sorry agian about the harsh comment but AS I SAAAIID i had a night in with the biys and we were ragin!!!! 

Message 5 of 44 (140,331 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i Dont want a oranges I just want a CoCo Banana

Message 6 of 44 (140,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same with me , it took an error and wont re-install .  

Message 7 of 44 (139,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had a simialer problem like this but instead of just the app shutting down it just sits there and sits there and sits there with a blank white screen
Message 8 of 44 (133,692 Views)

★★ Novice
same I have no idea what to do, have you fixed yours yet?
Message 9 of 44 (128,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having the exact same issue. could you let me know if any thing fixes it?

Message 10 of 44 (127,007 Views)