Re: Origin won't download/install any games.

by Bluuzman

Original Post

★ Novice

I was having this same exact issue with error code 196623:0. ‎Download was going great, until about 54% done then disconnects with error.

I restarted my machine several times, I checked Windows firewall settings and made sure to allow access for origin.exe. The EA support agent had me download UOTrace and run an ISP check. This allegedly revealed a problem connecting through to EA servers. The agent provided me port forwarding info (UDP : 443 / TCP : 80, 443, 8080) saying that my ISP was blocking access (which was strange because I had already downloaded 50Gb of game data). Anyhow, I logged onto my modem and enabled port forwarding for these ports. This did not work. I also tried the %appdata% trick - did not work.

What ultimately worked was turning on my Express VPN service and connecting through to another server in another state. This has been 100% successful! If you're struggling like I did with this issue I highly recommend you check out Express VPN to clear the path (since EA wasn't able to guide me through to a final resolution). Here's a link with a "refer a friend" 30 day discount:

Express VPN Refer A Friend

Good Luck

Message 31 of 39 (2,678 Views)

★ Novice
@Wall-eeeeeeee Thank you, don´t have a clue why this worked but it did
Message 32 of 39 (2,519 Views)

★ Novice

Thx,still works in 2019

Message 33 of 39 (2,448 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Remove how and where to?

Message 34 of 39 (2,371 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having a similar issue with my Sims games. I bought ALL the Sims 4 games as they came out, didn't have any issue playing them. Now its saying I need to download Pets & Get Famous but it wont let me. Nothing pops up. I see that its purchased when they came out and the Sims game even says they are purchased, just download. The Tech haven't been able to help me AT ALL. I've tried multiple times. 

I restarted my computer, uninstalled ALL the sims games and origin, reinstalled. Signed out and back in. IDK what else to do. 

Message 35 of 39 (1,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@theonemrb yo can you run me thru this cause i cant download the right one
Message 36 of 39 (1,793 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, have you been able to solve it?

Message 37 of 39 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hope someone finds this useful 5 years later lol. This video worked for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXJvrZczOs

Message 38 of 39 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

worked like a charm thanks!!!

Message 39 of 39 (1,183 Views)