Origin will not load

by khouston10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin will not load

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

For the past week my Origin has been in a loading state and hasn't started up. (picture attached) I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Origin but it still looks the same. Also, will my saved games be lost because I had to uninstall? 

Please please help.

Message 1 of 11 (1,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin will not load

@khouston10  For the missing worlds, and the associated error about missing game data, try repairing the game in Origin, that is, if Origin is working now.  Open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (951 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin Cache should get you sorted in no time @khouston10.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,082 Views)

★ Novice

Origin is just shxt and I strongely suggest that that EA can send some IT engineers to Blizzard to learn how to build a normal server for us to play game with the expierence we derserve.

Message 3 of 11 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem too. My problems started after downloading University. First it started with saving some of the games.  Now it won't load the patch because I am having to click on some permission thing that never appears.  I am frustrated  by it. All I want to do is play  my Sims 4. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

while tryin to do this it says the Logs folder can not be deleted because it is open in another program.

please advise 

Message 5 of 11 (1,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Omg please help. Everything except for 3 towns have been deleted. Please please help. I need my things back. 

Message 6 of 11 (991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko 

this is what I am getting now. :-( 

how do I recover the missing data ?

the message says “not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighborhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available.. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover the missing data”

Message 7 of 11 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't know how to help you Frown Unfortunately im having this exact problem right now, I'm going to email someone or try and contact origin about this Standard smile I hope you get your saves back!

Message 8 of 11 (957 Views)

@khouston10  For the missing worlds, and the associated error about missing game data, try repairing the game in Origin, that is, if Origin is working now.  Open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 11 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@KittyRoseTyler I hope you get your things back as well!! The answer below actually helped. I opened origin, went to the packs and repaired them. Then restart origin and it should come back up! 😩😅 fingers crossed for you!!

Message 10 of 11 (931 Views)