Origin was denied access when downloading game

by Etrumgf

Original Post

Origin was denied access when downloading game

★ Novice

I have recently purchased titanfall 2. and tried to download it to an external hard drive. The downloads kept on failing and giving me the prompt "Origin was denied access to [game directory]". 

I have tried the following solutions from other threads to no avail:

-Running Origin as administrator

-Giving the account full access to programdata

-Giving the account full access to all folders in game directory

I am unable to install the game on the computer storage because its out of space.

Please help

Message 1 of 6 (548 Views)

Re: Origin was denied access when downloading game

★★★★ Guide

Hello @Etrumgf ,

Another thing you could try that has helped some people is going to your Origin Game Library, right clicking Titanfall 2 and Repair the Game.

Let me know if this works,

-xRarely

Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@The_other_Rare 

thanks for the reply. However the problem i have encountered does not let me download the game, if you have any more info please let me know.

Message 3 of 6 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Add Origin.exe to antivirus app allow rule ( antivirus security has been raised over several years , and now they are most reason why things dont DL or start game from a client.

all games start from a client is thirdpart app, that is been block if theyuse MS Document to save config or save game.

You could say every user own problem in what they block , even if they dont know about it.

This is know by computer expert, or old tech people.

and its simple been overlooked by so many.

And yes its possible you have other issue. same time , but if you have block it then it dont matter if game dont even reach games own menu.

this is same with DL, iwill not waste my time to reply every post.

this is EA job to ruleout its not user themself that do it.

ps.

do note this is not EA or ORigin or Game Devs job to help people if they block own apps.

you need to see it as a helping service from EA if they want to.

then i look at board . most have same issue. ( DLto savegame to cant write games config files or access to it.

even seen game crash , because of missing userdata or no save game. )

this is strait forware for people that know it.

( i have not had a DL issue over 30 years or app issue. ( game own bug thats a diffrent matter )

try see it as help, if you dontunderstand talk with EA board , its impossible for private user to help all here.

Try see Interference issue as a diffrent problem,  a security person will not call a blocking app a bug , its either a allow or deny ( Interference is not possible )

do not think we dont understand the explanation of it, but Try talk with security people and they see it from a total diffrent view point.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin/m-p/5946935#Conflictin...

ps.

dont forget own ISP services, if they have a VIP portal with filter or security, this is same issue your problem to know if such is there or not.

Message 4 of 6 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Mantakno 

My antivirus is what microsoft windows 10 gives, and im not exactly sure where to do what you put in the instruction, please help.

Message 5 of 6 (451 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Etrumgf looks to be a permissions issue.

Can you ensure that your Windows account is set as administrator and that when launching Origin you are launching it as administrator.

Can you also check and ensure that the file you are trying to access has both read and write permissions and is not set as read only.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (429 Views)