Re: Game wouldn't start, uninstalled it and now can't reinstall due to permissio

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Re: Game wouldn't start, uninstalled it and now can't reinstall due to permissio

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko This worked. The games now download but only for that user. But I don't think it is admin because it asks for the other user's password. Do you think this could be an issue with my operating system? I know It's missing OS files
Message 11 of 20 (1,087 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MacroZir if it works on the new admin account then this would point to an issue with the primary account.

If you have missing OS files then I would recommend that you fix that.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 20 (1,084 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I have multiple times but they keep flying off into space.

I will reinstall my OS once I back up everything.
EA may get voted the worst company but I'm glad they have someone as helpful as you.
You have been a great help
Message 13 of 20 (1,081 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to be of help  @MacroZir.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 14 of 20 (1,079 Views)

Re: Origin was denied access to the following file or folder.

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Hey I looked tried what you said here and I still get the error saying that origin was denied access due to security restrictions or disk corruption. I don't think my disk is corrupted but don't know how to fix this. thanks!
Message 15 of 20 (955 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @2ul1lonmkozh can you share the full error message that you are seeing with me?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 20 (938 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Hey i’m having the same problem and I did all the steps you said but it still won’t download. My windows account is an administrator and I ran origin as administrator, I’m trying to download a sims 4 stuff pack.
Message 17 of 20 (915 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jaclynkayy555 can you grab me a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 18 of 20 (890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, and fixed it this way:
If you right click the Drive you want to install to, and then click on Format.
I then disabled quick format and also clicked restore device defaults, but i don't know if that part is necessary

then click start and wait for it to finish. 
Origin will now let you install to this drive
the downside to this method though is that it will -Erase Everything- on the drive. But it works.

Message 19 of 20 (617 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SquidSlurpie granting the file or location read and write access should be enough and save you needing to do a format.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 20 of 20 (599 Views)