Re: Origin thinks I still have BF1 Trial, even updates the trial

by JesseDeya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin thinks I still have BF1 Trial, even updates the trial

★★★★ Novice

So I installed the BF1 trial before the BF1 release, and after release the BF1 trial disappeared from my Origin account, it's not hidden or anything, I simply cannot see it. However I still get updates for it, the BF1 Trial, as if it's a separate game then BF1.

Like today, when the new patch was released, updates got queued for both BF1 and the BF1 Trial. This has happened on every patch. The trial also shows in my right click menu, when I right click Origin in the taskbar.

I'd like advise how to uninstall the trial, or make it so that Origin recognizes I only have BF1, and not the trial installed.

Message 1 of 29 (14,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yep, I had this issue as well with Battlefield V.

I fixed mine by removing the bfvTrial.exe file out of the main folder it lives in. Refreshed my Origin library & it was gone....done & dusted.

Hope this helps someone Standard smile

View in thread

Message 21 of 29 (10,492 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Daumier

You can un-hide it by clicking on the Filter at the top right of Origin and then select Hidden Games.

You should also be able to uninstall the trial via your Windows Control panel.

barry.png
Message 2 of 29 (14,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry Hi,

Like I said in the OP, the game is not hidden in Origin, it's just not there. I can only find BF1. 

And I also only see BF1 in my windows control panel, not the Trial. 

The only time I see the trial is in the right click menu, and when the games updates.

Message 3 of 29 (14,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Daumier

While slightly odd, if this does not prevent you from playing the full game I would not worry too much about it.

Is the update to the trial quite large? If so, you should be able to just cancel that without a problem.

barry.png
Message 4 of 29 (14,006 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

As others have said, the trial doesn't appear in the Origin GUI, nor is it uninstallable via Windows Programs and Features.

Today it downloaded a 1.8Gb patch for the Trial, and for the Ultimate Edition, even though I only have one installed BF1 game folder.

The bf1Trial.exe is still in the main program folder and even when deleted returns to haunt me.

When playing, sometimes I appear to my friends as playing the Ultimate Edition, other times it says Trial.

Saying "I would not worry too much about it" isn't a solution. Please provide detailed steps on how to remove the trial from my PC.

Windows 10 64bit.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 29 (13,972 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this issue.

@JesseDeya I agree, in fact it is concerning that "I wouldn't worry about it" is the apparent solution instead of addressing the issue. I imagine for those with data caps having to patch the game twice would be big problem.

Message 6 of 29 (13,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@JesseDeya Thank you for the explanation, it's exactly what I'm experiencing. 

@EA_Barry Saying "It's nothing to worry about" is a completely unacceptable answer. The Origin software downloads extra data for no apparent reason, there's obviously a software issue here. I can cancel the download, should I see it, but that still doesn't resolve the issue at hand. Canceling is just treating the symptom, not the issue behind the symptom. 

Message 7 of 29 (13,927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry wrote:

@Daumier

While slightly odd, if this does not prevent you from playing the full game I would not worry too much about it.

Is the update to the trial quite large? If so, you should be able to just cancel that without a problem.

That's not an acceptable answer... 

Message 8 of 29 (13,915 Views)

★ Novice

is there a solution for this problem? Same problem here with my game.

Message 9 of 29 (13,775 Views)

I had that issue with the SWBF closed beta, where it was installed but I was not able to uninstall it and the icon went away. The way that I solved it was that I installed a program called "Revo uninstall", the free version of the program will work for this. After installing the program run it and select the BF1 trial to uninstall. After the trial is gone reboot your PC and then either download the release version of BF1 or if you've already got the BF1 release version installed run Origin as an administrator and then run a repair on the release version of BF1 and that "should" correct the issue.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 29 (13,771 Views)