Origin thin setup not working

by RXGillatine

Original Post

Re: Origin thin setup not working

★★★ Newbie

I recently reinstalled windows on my PC and had this same exact issue. Nothing would fix it for me. 

I figured out my issue, hoping this helps someone. See below.

1. Fresh windows install.
  2. Installed Radeon drivers 20.2.2 
    1. when I launched radeon software of course it prompts me to update driver versions.
    2. It suggested I install 20.3.1 version, which happens to be an optional version. So I did.

After installing the optional Radeon driver version, the origin launcher would not work at all. The origin logo would appear in my taskbar for half of a second at most and then disappear. I tried all the steps listed in this thread but nothing worked.

SOLUTION:

• Reinstall 20.2.2 radeon drivers (no uninstall needed).

That's it! It worked fine after that.

So I told my Radeon software to not recommend any "optional" driver versions.

Message 31 of 44 (2,484 Views)

★★ Novice

same , this is so annoying 

Message 32 of 44 (2,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RXGillatine

Hi, I am new too, Could not get games to work. Each time I tried to start game I would get this- 1/download Origin or 2/ start client. I had a error for download and for client it recommended that I download an app from Microsoft store which had nothing.

After looking around search engine for a remedy I found this and it worked! This guy showed me what to do. Hope it helps you too

Apparently some win 10 versions need to be updated for Visual C++ downloads. my version needed updating! Read below

Hi there
I am an Apex legends player
First i had another peoblem with origin launcher .also an dll error wich caused the origin not to display correctly.that problem caused me to remove and re install my windows entirely.and when i tried to instaal origin on the freshly installed windows i got the same error as you.what fixed it for me was unistalling the visual c++ redistribution pack via control panel -apps- find it and uninstall.then i downloaded the latest visual c++ redistribution pack from Microsoft website ...but i downloaded the ×64 and also thex86 one aswell.there is 3 options and i downloaded all of them.it sorted the problem out.i think because my pc and windows is 64bit and origin is 32bit.downloading the 32bit(x86 visu c++ )worked.good luck i hope u get it sorted.Apex is an excellent game.here is the link for the downloads.make sure to uninstall the current one first. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Message 33 of 44 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dis_is_Dasway Can't believe this is the solution.

Thanks brotha!
Message 34 of 44 (2,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dis_is_Dasway Bro ur a god
Message 35 of 44 (2,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dis_is_Dasway it didn't work
Message 36 of 44 (1,978 Views)

★★ Novice
@Dis_is_Dasway when I use this download link Origin installs however my End User License Agreement says its not responding... Any help on this?
Message 37 of 44 (1,944 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks man!!!!!!

Message 38 of 44 (1,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much man this helped so much Thumbs up

Message 39 of 44 (1,796 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH Dis. Even years later this is apparently still an issue. Have a brand new clean install of Windows 10 and the download on Origin.com doesn't work. smdh.

Message 40 of 44 (1,489 Views)