I tried you method but it doesn't upload

Message 22 of 44 (2,930 Views)

Re: Origin thin setup not working

★★★★★ Newbie

GOD

Message 23 of 44 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn't work. I got a popup after origin installed saying I couldn't update it, and that I'd have to go download the latest version of origin.

It had a different link to what looked to be a different installer. I had a glimmer of hope thinking maybe it would work. It did not.

Message 24 of 44 (2,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I was checking out my system performance by CTRL+ALT+DELETE, Opening task manager, then going to the performance tab.

I noticed that an old 1TB hard drive I had connected was at 100% usage. Since this seemed odd, I went to to look at this disk more closely and noticed I could not access anything on the drive. So I turned off my PC, and unhooked the problematic drive, then rebooted. When I returned to windows, Origin opened up again, and updated without issue.

It's possible that the previous commenters idea of getting an old origin installer did the trick, and I just needed a restart (since I hadn't done that yet), or it's possible that the drive was locking up my system for some reason. Either way, if the old origin installer doesn't work, then I recommend looking at the devices/hard drives you have connected to make sure they're in working order. Hope this helps someone.

Message 25 of 44 (2,832 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I FOUND THE SOLUTION 

IN AMD USERS JUST DOWNLOAD ADRENALINE VERSION GO IN SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS AND PUT ORIGIN HIGHT PERFORMANCE

IN NVIDIA USERS GO AND PUT PC RUN WITH GPU AND RUN PROGRAMS WITH NVIDIA 

THIS IS THE SOLUTION DONT DISABLE ANTIVIRUS 

THIS WORKS!!!!

Message 26 of 44 (2,793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PanagiotisRS Please, could You explain it in a little clearer way? 

This thing starts happening to me after I updated my GPU Radeon drivers, so I think Your way might help me, but for the love of God, I do not know how to do the thing You've done. 

I'll be glad if You could help me!

Message 27 of 44 (2,767 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes. If you are amd user you have to unistall current drivers and download amd adrenalin 19.12.1 after that go in dynamic switchable graphics and put origin in high performance thats it. Now if you are a nvidia user just change from nvidia control panel pc run with gpu and origin put run with nvidia gpu

Message 28 of 44 (2,746 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, unfortunately Your solution did not help me. 

Thanks for explanation though. Tommorow I'll make a call to my local EA Technician, hoping they will halp me!

Message 29 of 44 (2,732 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried every solution I found online with no results. whenever i launch origin setup file it crashes and gives me the message of error 0xc000007b. I have tried almost everything from installing latest net framework, direct x, java, latest windows update, run with compatibility mode, scan and check disk... all failed. I even installed older version but when updating it gives the same error message. please help!

Message 30 of 44 (2,601 Views)