Re: Origin the worst platform of the top 10

by Qwelldrin

Original Post

Community Manager

@Qwelldrin I understand that others report issues with the connection but for most, basic troubleshooting fixes the issue, I downloaded Battlefield V at home last night in under an hour, not sure how long it took as when I left it was up at 35.8MB/s and when I came back after streaming an episode of Longmire on Netflix it was installed ready to go. If the issue is with Origin then it would be affecting huge numbers of people and not just a handful, also while the live adviser may be seeing a couple of contacts about the issue there are no known issues with Origin download speeds.

Can I ask why when you ran your UO Trace you ran it to bfbc2-ps3.gos.ea.com and not to one of the addresses listed in the connection troubleshooting guide: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Your UO Trace looks ok bar the high ping times toward the end, if you are seeing ping times. I just ran a UO Trace to the same address and the max Ping Time I saw was 76ms.

You are free to blame Origin for the issues you are seeing but if this was an Origin issue then there would be hundreds of posts about it. My advice to you is to follow the troubleshooting steps and if nothing works to speak with your ISP to see if there are any issues you need to be aware of, as I said above, your UO Trace is fine but it does show some high ping times. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 24 (1,173 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I used the UO trace that the guide shows easo.ea.com this then allocated the BfBC2-ps3.gos.ea.com I had no input in that and other servers are not listed in the guide for tracing the UO.

The High pings begin at the USA I cannot do much about them as its the route there.

I will use what I can then of Origin and will just be stuck with what I get as there is obviously no solution and no amount of time spent with support ever resolves anything anyway. Well thanks for taking the time to respond.

Message 12 of 24 (1,163 Views)

Community Manager

@Qwelldrin I have never seen the easo.ea.com throwing up the bfbc2 hop. If you take a look at the troubleshooting guide it does list a number of different addresses you can try based on your location. Under step 4 the following are listed:

• East Coast: 159.153.92.28
  • West Coast: 159.153.68.252
  • Europe: 159.153.72.252

The issue you are seeing is network or device based, I know you may think that I am blaming you but that is not my intent. All I want to do is ensure that you can play your game and enjoy it and if you are having issues then the best thing to do is get them sorted. If you have already done the steps I recommended then the next thing to do is speak with your ISP and see if they can see anything affecting you. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 24 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko,

If you have any further advise on the trace I have now done from the European server it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 14 of 24 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Any update on this one? Downloading updates is absolutely poor for Battlefield V, by the way i am not in any way going to go through all the steps you did. Kuddos, but in my opinion they should provide a service that works perfectly. 

Message 15 of 24 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@F1stMeister, No no fix and I have decided to move away from EA games because of the poor Origin platform. As you know regardless of the forums being full of this problem we are the only 2 with this issue!

Enjoy your time between updates as best you can for the rest I suggest an alternative site for a substantial period of game time.

Message 16 of 24 (1,100 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You should just abandon this useless, irrational and buggy platform (Origin) and put your game on Steam like almost everyone does, which work far better. 

Message 17 of 24 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry to write here about my problem but i dint know where else. It is my first game on this platform and Origin sucks!!!

I bought Battlefield 5 on DVD (6 DVD-S). After installing update is starting and i was expecting approx. 20 GB additional download.

But strange it seems that Origin is again downloading complete game.

There is almost 48 GB of data in installation directory and now Origin is downloading additional 60 GB????!!!

I really wonted to try some graphics demanding game on my new PC but probably this was the last game on this platform.

I have many games with Steam and never faced such problems.

BR

Ivan

Message 18 of 24 (821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what im wondering is, as I read this article, I rly felt kinda mad, cuz 2 me it sounded like u guys at Origin r like "oh yea our platform is just fine, its the individuals." while I personally dont know anyone whos not havin any inssues with Origin, every game donwload so far was annoying as hell for me personally either cuz downloads didnt even start )literally had that problem Today with battlefront 2 via Epic games, got it for free, wanted 2 try it, unable 2 download it cuz... well it dosnt start... got it in my library but cant click download, can only start the DL via Epic (wtf ?) and that seemingly dosnt work properly), they took a lot longer then any other platform, the interface seems 2 be bugged as well, (download rates not showing / showing wrong rates / showing that there is a download rate while nothing is aactuaklly downloaded, had it all, and every gamer friend I knoiw is faceing the EXACT same issues, so how come Origin in not the problem ? I realy cant undertsand and neither belive how origin shouldnt be the problem here, the Platform is just outdated and never got the time and work it needed ... 

Message 19 of 24 (569 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The origin client is the absolute worse client in existence; particularly in terms or wasting users time by redownloading game files for no reason (just saw that happen 3 times with Crysis 3 with 3 different computers. This is the number 1 reason I have not bought an EA game on Origin in almost 4 years. To this day I become infuriated just taking a complete copy of Crysis 3 between two of my PCs; Origin decides that only 82% of the game is present; even though it is 100% present; then I have to wait 4-6 hours for the other 18% to re-download. It's because of this nonsense that I don't buy anything from Origin anymore.

Message 20 of 24 (444 Views)