Origin suddenly won't work (sometimes Origin.com and EA.com too), losing my mind

by Zephyre0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin suddenly won't work (sometimes Origin.com and EA.com too), losing my mind

★★★ Novice

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help because I'm at a total loss of what to do here and I'm close to ripping my hair out trying to figure this out.

So just today, completely out of the blue just Origin decided to stop working - nothing on my PC had changed, mind you. When I opened Origin today, it tried to login, and I got the infamous message:

Well, that didn't go as planned

Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later.

I've dug through dozens of pages on EA Help and Reddit from the past and I've already tried the following:

1. Delete the Origin cache

2. Reinstall Origin

3. Made sure my firewall allowed it

4. Made sure I'm not on a VPN

5. Just restarting my PC

6. Pretty sure my account is in good standing

After a while, I also had trouble being able to even get on Origin.com and EA.com - like it would only load 1/4 of the time. I tested getting on those sites with my phone connected to my home network and couldn't get on either, but it worked when I switched to mobile data. However, another laptop connected to the same network is able to access Origin as normal but I still can't rule out weird ISP shenanigans. I should note here that everything else and Steam works just fine.

After the struggle of trying to get ahold of the Origin installer to reinstall the client a couple times, it later decided I wasn't online - in the login screen, it says:

Online login is currently unavailable.

So for some bizarre reason, it thinks I'm offline but my connection's working totally fine for everything else. A few restarts later, it decided that I was online after all, but it just led back to that same, infamous error message.

So...any ideas? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin suddenly won't work (sometimes Origin.com and EA.com too), losing my

★★★ Novice

So on a whim I decided to try resetting my network this morning. When I opened Origin, it started "Downloading the latest version of Origin" - basically what you get when you install or update it (this didn't happen yesterday). And suddenly it starts working again. I still have no clue what happened or what fixed it, but yeah.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (823 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Zephyre0.

When this issue occurs you can fix it if you take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (843 Views)

★★★ Novice

So on a whim I decided to try resetting my network this morning. When I opened Origin, it started "Downloading the latest version of Origin" - basically what you get when you install or update it (this didn't happen yesterday). And suddenly it starts working again. I still have no clue what happened or what fixed it, but yeah.

Message 3 of 5 (824 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Zephyre0.

The biggest issues are often caused by the smallest of things.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Zephyre0 Same thing is happening too me right now.How do I fix it?
Message 5 of 5 (504 Views)