Re: Origin states that I do not own The Sims 4.

by sklarlight

Original Post

Community Manager
@sklarlight Actually, try launching the Sims 4 again now please, I had a very kind coworker take a look on my side just now who may have resolved this Standard smile
EACade
Message 11 of 25 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cade! Sorry for the late reply, I can confirm I'm still getting the issue sadly where I'm redirected to TS4's store page on Origin.

Message 12 of 25 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just purchased a new bundle to get the newest expansion pack, somehow hoped maybe this would force some kind of correction, but I still can't launch the game. Frown 

Message 13 of 25 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sklarlight Is it still asking for you to buy the game?
Are you able to see the game in your library on the Origin application?
Are you using Mac Yosemite OS?
Message 14 of 25 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@fl1pp3rr - It is indeed, and no I'm using Windows 10, haven't had this issue before until the update went out on the 16th. (I think it was the 16th)

Message 15 of 25 (500 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Tried reinstalling the game and even Origin, tried on another computer and the issue continues to persist. I'll try to see if I can get Chat Support today if the option is available again, otherwise, any continued help and support is immensely appreciated.

Edit: It seems like my support tickets have been marked as "resolved" - despite not having any response provided to them.

Edit: Still no option for chat support, I cannot use the phone because I'm hard of hearing, how can I get my problem resolved?

Message 16 of 25 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sklarlight Please try to reset the game once:

Go to documents>Electronic Arts>Change name for Sims 4 folder
Go to Origin app>Application settings>Install and saves>disable Cloud save
Application settings will be available in the Origin menu on top left corner

To restore progress:
Go to Documents>EA>Sims4_OLD>copy Save folder
Paste to Documents>EA>Sims4
Message 17 of 25 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey @fl1pp3rr (& @EA_Cade) - I've tried that just now also, and sadly no change at all. It will not launch, and the Sims 4 Store Page still shows the "Buy" button.

Message 18 of 25 (418 Views)

Community Manager
@sklarlight Can you completely close and reopen Origin now please and let me know if this is still happening?
EACade
Message 19 of 25 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade - Yes, multiple restarts, reinstalls, clearance of cache, etc, etc, I've done everything I can think of. Sadly I feel like the only option left is to call support, but because I can't really hear on the phone that's not even an option for me.

Message 20 of 25 (413 Views)