Origin states that I do not own The Sims 4.

by sklarlight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin states that I do not own The Sims 4.

★★★★★ Novice

I own The Sims 4 - Limited Edition and all of the Expansion Packs (except for the most recent one) - as well as some game/stuff packs. However, since the latest update, every time I try to launch The Sims 4, it tells me I don't own the game, and redirects me to the store page for The Sims 4. I've tried to contact chat support, but, unfortunately, when the chat window popped up, it didn't seem to load or work properly (multiple times) - and I never got through to someone. Now all I see is an option to call, and unfortunately, I'm unable to do so since I'm hard of hearing, so I felt my next best bet was to try and make a post here to see if I can get any help/support into this issue. 

I imagine I'd be able to get this resolved over chat support, but sadly as I mentioned I simply couldn't seem to get connected and that option has since disappeared, giving me only the option to call.

Any help/support would be hugely appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 25 (720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin states that I do not own The Sims 4.

★★★★★ Novice
@fl1pp3rr - Hey! Fortunately EA_Cade continued to help me over Twitter, we're not sure what the exact issue was, but the game seems to launch now. Origin still seems to insist that I don't own the game, as I'm still taken to the Sims 4 store page, but the game no longer fails to launch.

View in thread

Message 24 of 25 (792 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@sklarlight Sorry to hear it, can you try these steps please and let me know if they help? http://bit.ly/Origin_Cache_Clear
EACade
Message 2 of 25 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade - Thank you! Sorry to have forgotten to mention that in my original message, but I have indeed tried those steps.

Message 3 of 25 (697 Views)

Community Manager
@sklarlight No worries Standard smile Are you playing on PC or Mac?
EACade
Message 4 of 25 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade PC. Standard smile Using Windows 10, (RTX 2070, 32GBs RAM, Intel i7-4790 3.6GHz)

Message 5 of 25 (688 Views)

Community Manager
@sklarlight OK, can you try a clean boot and let me know if this persists? http://bit.ly/Clean_Boot
EACade
Message 6 of 25 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade Sure! I'll give this a go now and follow the instructions on that link and get back to you asap.

Message 7 of 25 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade - Sorry for the late reply! I tried doing this, but, unfortunately, aside from things running a bit smoother nothing has changed in terms of accessing The Sims 4, it's still instructing me to purchase the game.

Message 8 of 25 (661 Views)

Community Manager
@sklarlight Hmm, in that case we'll need to get you in touch with an advisor to check the account itself. Are you seeing a Chat option again when you try to contact us at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us?
EACade
Message 9 of 25 (657 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade - It is odd indeed! I can't see a chat option, but I can create a new ticket (however, I wouldn't want to spam by creating yet another ticket?) - should I try this?

Message 10 of 25 (649 Views)