Origin simply won’t work

by asflurr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin simply won’t work

★ Novice

So I’m having a bit of trouble. My origin screen has been stuck loading. Which isn’t too uncommon and the fix isn’t normally too bad. But this time simply nothing is working. I’ve been searching for hours trying to figure this out to no Avail, I’ve deleted the caches, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, all kinds of crazy stuff just to get it working again. But Something is a bit different this time at the bottom of the screen it has the origin symbol, which is pretty normal. Except it has a green download progress bar on it? It never moves, as if it’s frozen. But sometimes a message from origin will pop up on the side of the screen and say that sims 4 has failed to download and then the green progress bar goes yellow. I’m not trying to download sims as it’s  been downloaded onto this computer for years. I’m aware there was a recent update for it but I haven’t even been able to get onto origin to stop it so I can figure it all out. It’s really been frustrating me all day. Does anyone know how to help? It’d be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin simply won’t work

Community Manager

Hye @asflurr clearing the Origin Cache should get you sorted in no time.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hye @asflurr clearing the Origin Cache should get you sorted in no time.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

★ Novice

I was prepared to send back a message saying it simply wouldn’t work as it’s the exact same thing I’ve been doing repeatedly for the entire past day. But I decided to give it one last shot and I did all the steps once more (I’ve Done it so much now I’ve memorized it) and at the very end of your message I realized it said to log out of origin. To be better safe the night sorry I went to go check it. By the looks of it I had logged out but computers can be funny so I logged in just to know that I’ve fully logged out and the entire screen loaded up. I’m not sure what was different this time at all. I didn’t even have you restart my computer either. Anyways thank you ever so much. I thought I was going crazy trying to figure it out. Everything I saw said the same thing and I did it over and over. I even reinstalled and nothing would work. But out of the blue suddenly it decided it was ready to work lol. Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's sorted @asflurr.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)