Re: Origin setup wont run

by puphus50

Original Post

Origin setup wont run

★★ Novice

Hi. I am not very good with computers and I am having a problem following what needs to be done from other posts.

I tried to run the Origin setup and the security asks me if i want to allow the computer to make following changes. I click yes and nothing happens. This happened to me over a month ago and i couldn't work out why. I realised my graphics card is outdated to play Battlefield. So i had to wait a month due to covid to find a up to date graphics card. But the same thing is still happening.

I do not understand what is happening that is not even allowing the origin setup to run? Why does this happen for origin and no other program? I paid money and i cant even access your product. I joined up more than 6 weeks ago. I remember trying to access online help back then and that was not even available. Not very happy.

Message 1 of 9 (716 Views)

Community Manager

@Hobo19755 

Please complete the following steps and then retry installing Origin: 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (675 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for replying.
I did this last time and it didn't work. I clicked on both your links and i hadn't installed one of them, the other i had.
I restarted the computer and the setup will still not launch up.
Whats next?

Message 3 of 9 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Anyone?

Message 4 of 9 (625 Views)

★★ Novice

I did both. My computer says I have newer versions. Now what?

Message 5 of 9 (603 Views)

★ Novice

same boat here.  Origin was on computer for years but couple weeks ago started crashing constantly so tried deleting and reinstalling.  however when i try to install nothing happens, no error codes or anything.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the VC redist files as well as hard uninstalled all origin files including in registry.  have also tried turning off antivirus software.  windows is completely up to date as well.

Message 6 of 9 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

mine says the msvcp140.dll not found. also the vcruntime 140.dll not found. says reinstall it, but, i have,several times. same thing.

Message 7 of 9 (582 Views)

★★ Novice
@puphus50 I DOWNLOADED THE vc REDIST FILES. i GOT THE SETUP,BUT,IT WILL NOT INSTALL oRIGIN.
Message 8 of 9 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

If you have the thin setup, right click on it and run as administrator. that is working for me.

Message 9 of 9 (556 Views)