Thank you!! Finally able to play again after almost 2 wks!!Angel

Message 11 of 60 (1,864 Views)

Re: Origin setup system error

★★★ Newbie

Brilliant. Sorted, Thanks a million 

Message 12 of 60 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, this worked for me w/o restarting. What I did was use the given link to take us to the list of links, and then I downloaded the first link under the most recent category( which is the " Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019"). Lastly, I went back to the Microsoft website tab I had and redownloaded the origin application, and it worked!

Message 13 of 60 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thankyou so much for the help..

Message 14 of 60 (1,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and none of the solutions online worked. My system is 64-bit and for some reason even when i replaced the dll files nothing worked. For a strange reason everything solved when i installed the 32bit aka x86 version of the C++ which makes no sence. Please fix this problem i have had this proplem every after format and its unacceptable.

Message 15 of 60 (1,690 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, for this issue you can fix it by installing the most up to date version of VC++.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 60 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@houstanheat This worked!
Message 17 of 60 (1,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

worked thanks man

Message 18 of 60 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was really annoying but I did what you said and it worked. Thanks a lot.

Message 19 of 60 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. This has worked for me. Ive spent months trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer. I even wiped my whole desktop just to see where the problem was occurring from. I uninstalled the visual c like you stated ( I had about four) and reinstalled the latest Microsoft version ( all three) and viola. Origin is already running smoothly. Thanx again. For all the others take your time and read and I promise youll find and fix the bug yourself. 

Message 20 of 60 (1,538 Views)