Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello! Today I've been having quite a few problems with origin today. I originally attempted to go play the game and it worked, although I saw it was out of date, and the "Get Famous" pack that I redeemed the code for, but I didn't see it as an option in the side bar (in the game's main menu where it show you what expansion packs, game packs, etc that you have.) I quit the game and closed down Origin & it still wouldn't work, so then I turned my wifi on then off & after that didn't work, I restarted my computer. When all that failed, I delete Origin and redownloaded it multiple times and even used the "ResetOrigin.zip" file to clear it out. I go back into my re-downloaded Origin, and none of my games are on the list and it says I'm offline.

I tried to update origin and my game without success, as well as tried to use the "repair game" button, and it still didn't work.

Now it's telling me that I don't have any of the games AND that it's still offline.

I really don't know what to do at this point because everything I tried has failed.

Message 51 of 89 (1,252 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i have had the same issue for the past few days.  

Message 52 of 89 (1,211 Views)

★ Novice

me too! I just wanna play island living bc I preordered itFrown

Message 53 of 89 (1,199 Views)

★ Novice

That’s exactly what happens to me! And I’m so bummed bc I pre ordered island living the day it was announced and I haven’t even been able to play it.

Message 54 of 89 (1,200 Views)

★ Novice

Me too huhuhu I miss playing 

Message 55 of 89 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive been having the same problem for a while now, ive also done the exact same things youve done and still nothing works please let me know if anything happens and if you figure out what to do to solve this problem, thank you!!!!!

Message 56 of 89 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue that the previous man had three years ago. Are your servers having another outage? I just want to play my sims Frown

Message 57 of 89 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue Frown 

Message 58 of 89 (1,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just spent nearly 2 hours trying to fix my Sims 4 game/reinstall Origin and to no avail. I've recently purchased the Sims 4 Vampires game pack, and on the website when I'm signed in it says I have Vampires, but it still gives me the "buy" option on the Origin app. (until I click "buy," then it says I already own it but need to install the base game?) I did the reset origin download and reinstalled Origin, but now Sims 4 (the base game) is missing altogether. Plus, when I try to repair or update the Sims 4 game in my game library (before I reinstalled origin and it disappeared) it told me to check my internet, which was at four bars. A $40 wasted. I'm so frustrated and I really hope this'll be fixed by tomorrow. Mac Origin users have it rough lol

Message 59 of 89 (961 Views)
Highlighted

@sevillaab  There are a number of issues with Macs and Origin right now.  EA is working on the issues but needs more information.  Please see this thread for more details:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/7...

It would be a great help if you could provide your log files, as described.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 60 of 89 (942 Views)